Twinzer Design/Experiment.

Jellz

Jul 2, 2021
Bay area
Any advice/thoughts on getting these SK twinzer fins to sit flush? They don’t sit flush to start and get loose with 1/16-1/8 inch play after each session…

It may be cant related. The single tab box already seems to have cant. Are there any single tab “upright” twinzer fins without extra cant?

Attachments

• 648EB5CC-1D8D-4DAC-A16C-083A84E0D6CF.jpeg
    648EB5CC-1D8D-4DAC-A16C-083A84E0D6CF.jpeg
    29.3 KB · Views: 28
  • 8C5913E4-CA0C-40EB-AFBB-8F2AEFC3C9D8.jpeg
    8C5913E4-CA0C-40EB-AFBB-8F2AEFC3C9D8.jpeg
    31.7 KB · Views: 28
  • 4C979C81-1BAA-4ADD-A291-8B0A6B9CF013.jpeg
    4C979C81-1BAA-4ADD-A291-8B0A6B9CF013.jpeg
    32.1 KB · Views: 28
Last edited:

jonbiz

Jan 11, 2016
Wilmington NC
Any advice/thoughts on getting these SK twinzer fins to sit flush? They don’t sit flush to start and get loose with 1/16-1/8 inch play after each session…

It may be cant related. The single tab box already seems to have cant. Are there any single tab “upright” twinzer fins without extra cant?
Are those the fins that came with board?
Only way is to sand down the tab off a bit till sits flush. Unfortunately this is going to lower the little dermal mark and will need to be adjusted.

SC surf

Jun 9, 2019
Charleston,SC
No sadly no fins came with it.
If those fins are the 9 degree pre canted naked viking fins the answer is yes they make a 0 degree canted. fin. I can't be absolutely sure but it appears that the area that's touching the boards is the center at the pin. If that is the case I think it might be necessary to scribe the fin base to match the contour of the board then file off high spots on the fin so it beds on the board proper. You may have to adjust the pin depth to accommodate the new length which also means adjusting grub screw divet to assure a good contact. PM if you wish

jonbiz

Jan 11, 2016
Wilmington NC
It’s an FCS plug so no cant in the fin. It’s in the box. Shouldn’t take long. Sand tab down slow till base of fin is flat with board. Screw in grub screw till hits fin, makes a little dimple. Loosen grub screw pull out fin and either dermal or use a drill to put a new dimple in fin tab. Shouldn’t take long. Hit up myself or @SC surf
Do the original fins sit flush ?
Honestly almost every hand made fin or custom fin needs to be tweaked to fit perfect.

Jellz

Jul 2, 2021
Bay area
While we’re talking twinzers… curious if anyone else feels twinzers ride much closer to a snowboard than any other set up?

I agree that twins feel “skatey”. The twinzer for me has kept that edge to edge feel with a more locked in snowboard feel (I.e. actually having an edge!)

having learned to skate and snowboard first, this is super welcome to me. Glide on flat base, then engage the rail quickly to turn. Single fins and thrusters always felt like some type of pivot element different than snowboard. YMMV just curious if this is shared?