Trim Machines

miscreant

May 20, 2016
Many of us enjoy a wave that provides an opportunity to just kick back and enjoy a solid trim.

What board / surf device do you feel provides an enjoyable trim?

Here are a few that come to mind:

10' Bob Simmons

A giant glider style board

A surf mat

Pig

Alaya

applekat

Jul 31, 2007
Many of us enjoy a wave that provides an opportunity to just kick back and enjoy a solid trim.

What board / surf device do you feel provides an enjoyable trim?

Here are a few that come to mind:

10' Bob Simmons

A giant glider style board

A surf mat

Pig

Alaya

"...What (sic) device do you feel provides an enjoyable trim?..."
-----------

Norelco.

2+1 setup.

Nor.jpg

Chilly Willy

Feb 15, 2004
USA New Jersey
Oh yeah. My trim machine is a 10'0" G&S Retro Redfin. Just a really pleasant glide and trimming experience, but it also turns pretty smoothly. One of my most memorable moments was on a head high wave that dished up a section that looked impossible to make -- I stepped up to the trim position and the afterburners kicked in, but less like a bucking bronco and moreso smooth like a Cadillac. I often use it as a ripple rider, although it seems to get better the bigger the waves are. (I've never gone more than OH though.)

redfin.jpg

redfin2.jpg

miscreant

May 20, 2016
Oh yeah. My trim machine is a 10'0" G&S Retro Redfin. Just a really pleasant glide and trimming experience, but it also turns pretty smoothly. One of my most memorable moments was on a head high wave that dished up a section that looked impossible to make -- I stepped up to the trim position and the afterburners kicked in, but less like a bucking bronco and moreso smooth like a Cadillac. I often use it as a ripple rider, although it seems to get better the bigger the waves are. (I've never gone more than OH though.)

View attachment 3970

View attachment 3972
that board looks good!

miscreant

May 20, 2016
I've had boards with a fair amount of rocker that still trim well, and I have had boards with no rocker that trim well. I think a bit of weight is a significant contributor to the feel of trim that I gravitate toward.