Tool-less fin device.

Discussion in 'Surfing' started by ac95, Nov 21, 2019.

1. waveslider619

waveslider619 Well-Known Member

Sep 8, 2017
    SD
    Like the thumb screws. I also have a couple fins with https://www.kumanosystem.com. Rad for on the fly adjustments with surfing hulls in varied conditions in SD.

2. Chilly Willy

Chilly Willy Well-Known Member

Feb 15, 2004
    USA New Jersey
    I got one of these today - a year to the day after the original post. It does take a pretty solid thump to release the fin but it works great. The best parts are that it stays in the fin box (not likely to fall out in the water) and you can control the position a lot easier (unlike when the plate goes rogue and slides out of position as you’re trying to screw it tight.) I would probably still use a screw once I find my ideal position for the fin but it’s a solid little doohickey.

deemce and Andrew Johnson like this.
  3. Bonzourno

Bonzourno Active Member

Sep 29, 2018
    Capitola
    I had one of these on my Haley Pin. Just last week I was out on a really low tide day, spun to take off on a wave and bumped the reef with the fin. I didn’t think much of it at the time and should’ve had a clue when my board washed out on my last wave but it wasn’t until I put my board on my bike rack did I realize that my 4a disappeared. This is NOT a product I would recommend buying.

Chilly Willy and DanSan like this.
  4. michael

michael Well-Known Member

Apr 19, 2017
    NJ
    I really like mine. I take a few waves, then move my fin an inch or so in the water. If some of my friends had them we could swap fins in the water. Genius really.

Also interestingly, I bonked my fin on the way out of my shed one day and instead of smashing my box or fin, the clip unclipped.

Chilly Willy and Andrew Johnson like this.
  5. DanSan

DanSan Well-Known Member

Jun 7, 2012
    Soquel,CA
    i have a spare one(4A 9" )you can use if you need..or buy if you want it's orange..

6. Bonzourno

Bonzourno Active Member

Sep 29, 2018
    Capitola
    Appreciate the offer, but I need an 8”. I suppose I could put my snorkel gear on and look for it on the 38th Ave reef.

WesCantDress likes this.
  7. DanSan

DanSan Well-Known Member

Jun 7, 2012
    Soquel,CA
    Okie dokie..
    Good luck..with the littoral current/drift
    Could be buried...
    Anway..thanks for the heads up on this device...see you out there soon..
    On my speed demon..yeww

WesCantDress likes this.
  8. shadydave

shadydave Well-Known Member

Mar 10, 2014
    Ayer Ma USA
    PSA
    It clearly states that they are designed for rear tab fins but can be used on front tab fins. Should you happen to come in contact with something you should check your fin immediately to insure everything is in its proper place. :)

WesCantDress likes this.
  9. waveslider619

waveslider619 Well-Known Member

Sep 8, 2017
    SD
    Might have saved your fin box. Ive had a box crack in half by hitting the reef. Didn't realize until next wave and star fished all the way down...

Bonzourno likes this.
  10. bobsacamano

bobsacamano New Member

Jul 16, 2020
    Bay Area
    I use these on my rear tab singles. No problems so far. Great little invention.

aporta likes this.