Those parallel railed, wide tailed logs...

Speak

Jul 17, 2012
USA California
Has anyone been running the DT Flex fin in their wide tailed log? I've been happy with the Demon fin that came with mine, but with seeing Tommy Witt running the DT flex in his, of course, it makes me want to try it. Would you size down with a fin so heavily raked? Thanks!

Maine Logger

Apr 28, 2021
Western Foothills
Has anyone been running the DT Flex fin in their wide tailed log? I've been happy with the Demon fin that came with mine, but with seeing Tommy Witt running the DT flex in his, of course, it makes me want to try it. Would you size down with a fin so heavily raked? Thanks!
I used a 10” dt flex in my model t for a year+ and then swapped to Drd4 toe jam for about the same time, which I like lot…I recently threw on the dt flex and instantly experienced faster turning, pivots, and left go rights. It holds well, too. I’m 5’8 160-165 depending, and no problems with the fin rebounding on me.

Last edited:

Speak

Jul 17, 2012
USA California
I used a 10” dt flex in my model t for a year+ and then swapped to Drd4 toe jam for about the same time, which I like lot…I recently threw on the dt flex and instantly experienced faster turning, pivots, and left go rights. It holds well, too. I’m 5’8 160-165 depending, and no problems with the fin rebounding on me.
Can’t decide on sizing for mine. My board is only 9’0, but the tail is so wide I’m still thinking 10” dt flex? My demon fin is 10” but closer to a pivot fin.