Those parallel railed, wide tailed logs...

Dana Carvey

Apr 25, 2021
San Diego, CA
Interesting thread, I noticed some talk of the Cherry Picker so thought I'd chime in since I impulsively bought one with my last stimulus check.

Before that I had a 10 ft. Guy Takayama noserider with a square tail w/ tucked rails, and a 9'6 CJ Nelson Oz Noserider with 50/50 rails and more of the wide-point back involvement shape. 2 very different boards, but I had a blast on both.

I sold both of these boards last year to try something newthe... which became the Cherry Picker.

I'd had the Cherry Picker out for maybe 7-8 sessions, and so far I just can't seem to figure it out. To me it seems sluggish to paddle, equally sluggish on a wave, and difficult to crank a good turn (especially backside). Once up to the nose it is very stable, though. Obviously the board is billed as a one-trick pony, however I'm surprised at how unflattering it's been to my surfing.

Maybe it's me cuz I'm used to longboards that noseride well but also easily crank impressive turns from the tail. Not sure!

Speak

Jul 17, 2012
USA California
I got the call from Dane that my blank is being ordered. He said turn around is typically pretty fast as he gets the blank in a week or so after ordering. I'm doing the Speed Demon with the "singzer" setup, 9'0 x 21.5 x 2.5. Crazy dims, but won't feel too unfamiliar to me as I grew up on HP longboards.

*Would like to add, he talked to me for over an hour and a half. Super cool guy, went over all the design details of his board and sounded genuinely stoked to shape it for me.

Last edited:

Sky

Aug 30, 2020
Southern California
I got the call from Dane that my blank is being ordered. He said turn around is typically pretty fast as he gets the blank in a week or so after ordering. I'm doing the Speed Demon with the "singzer" setup, 9'0 x 21.5 x 2.5. Crazy dims, but won't feel too unfamiliar to me as I grew up on HP longboards.

*Would like to add, he talked to me for over an hour and a half. Super cool guy, went over all the design details of his board and sounded genuinely stoked to shape it for me.

Let us know how that singzer setup works out. I’ve been contemplating getting it on my forthcoming order.