The Wozzle Malibu comp....

SeniorGrom

Mar 20, 2012
USA New Jersey
I enjoyed watching. The commentators were weak overall. The best is always Joe Turpel, I think. Not to cause controversy but let’s not forget all of Hank’s boards come off a machine. Straight from ‘the horses mouth’. He does scrub them beautifully and I’m so glad low tech construction & ancient rider took the crown. Post heat interview Joel said “my most proud accomplishment is I finally beat Kelly at something”. No love lost there.

RobG814

Apr 27, 2020
North Carolina
I really enjoyed watching the event. I was pulling for a local guy, Tony Silvagni, but I knew he had a tough task coming up against Joel in the Semis.

Joel’s surfing is just so pleasing to watch. No extra movements, unnecessary walking, etc. just wait for the wave to provide the section and be in the spot when it does. Truly a master.

hullogfish

Dec 22, 2006
San Diego North
Watching the highlights and Joel's surfing, it's amazing how much his flexibility and agility have been maintained. If anything, his current surfing is a smoother version of his 20s. That being said, Harrison Roach's all-around game is unmatched. Watching his turns mixed with noserides and ability to always be IN the curl is miraculous.

hullogfish

Dec 22, 2006
San Diego North
Watching the highlights and Joel's surfing, it's amazing how much his flexibility and agility have been maintained. If anything, his current surfing is a smoother version of his 20s. That being said, Harrison Roach's all-around game is unmatched. Watching his turns mixed with noserides and ability to always be IN the curl is miraculous.
Watch the first 10 seconds of the above clip to see what I mean.

Hodaddy81

Feb 2, 2021
Jersey
Really enjoyed watching this the last couple of days........

Some thoughts.

Devon H really has got the criteria functioning well for judging

Malibu is a trickier wave to surf well than you think from afar

The standard of womens logging is pretty much the same as the men allowing for difference in physical size

Whatever you think of his politics/ personality, Tudor is the longboarding GOAT

Harrison Roach is a perfect example of modern involvement style and a joy to watch

Ben Skinner, finally put it all together on the world stage and got some deserved kudos for it - He's a really nice guy, amazing surfer and a great example of someone who's worked hard to adapt his style to be more traditional as the format has changed.

He rode a self designed Thunderbolt tech Log right through the event ( the cherry picker)

Discuss!
Juse ordered a cherry picker. I gotta find out what that’s tail is all about.