The Wozzle Malibu comp....

jory

Dec 25, 2005
United Kingdom
Really enjoyed watching this the last couple of days........

Some thoughts.

Devon H really has got the criteria functioning well for judging

Malibu is a trickier wave to surf well than you think from afar

The standard of womens logging is pretty much the same as the men allowing for difference in physical size

Whatever you think of his politics/ personality, Tudor is the longboarding GOAT

Harrison Roach is a perfect example of modern involvement style and a joy to watch

Ben Skinner, finally put it all together on the world stage and got some deserved kudos for it - He's a really nice guy, amazing surfer and a great example of someone who's worked hard to adapt his style to be more traditional as the format has changed.

He rode a self designed Thunderbolt tech Log right through the event ( the cherry picker)

Discuss!

Last edited:

miscreant

May 20, 2016
I had to google wether or not Joel Tudor in fact experiences ectrodactyly.

Veterano

Aug 29, 2013
Joel riding a Hank Byzak board. The Springfield model. Skinner on a Thunderbolt technology built board. I will draw my own conclusions on this. Yours?

jory

Dec 25, 2005
United Kingdom
Joel riding a Hank Byzak board. The Springfield model. Skinner on a Thunderbolt technology built board. I will draw my own conclusions on this. Yours?
both could ride a door?

No inherent disadvantage to new tech? certainly Bens board looked "normal! and better than a couple of the boards the Brazilians were on which looked a bit light and pushing water Quite interesting that Ben chose to ride a thunderbolt cherry picker since he makes a PU version out of his factory here too.

Also would be interesting to know if Kai Salla board was a thunderbolt. Assuming it was his mango jam shape and it looked like it went great.

Final tidbit. Honolua Blomfeld sponsored by kai salla co, / thunderbolt riding wayne rich boards ( as was cole robbins whose board looked great )

Justino

Nov 15, 2016
Been fun to watch. A bit behind and haven't seen Joel yet. Really impressed by Kai Sallas, Skinner, and Roach. Great style from all three. Would love to catch a few of those waves from the offshore morning heats!

jory

Dec 25, 2005
United Kingdom
Been fun to watch. A bit behind and haven't seen Joel yet. Really impressed by Kai Sallas, Skinner, and Roach. Great style from all three. Would love to catch a few of those waves from the offshore morning heats!
Yeah they were the standouts for me along with joel. Kaniela Stewart had a couple of beautiful waves too

Also Kuydos to Kirra Seal for surfing with a broken foot and making the quarters

Niau

Dec 18, 2020
Necarney City
"Does anyone know who judged the event?"

Anonymous, judicious, impartial, incorruptible excellent surfers, as usual.