The V-Bottom Project

JBorbone

Oct 18, 2017
St Augustine, FL
My buddy and I are working on a fun project that seemed like something the Jams community might get a kick out of.

For the Earl and Ian swells and whatever else comes up this fall, we're switching off riding some of my personal vintage Vs.

He and I both happen to personally build V-bottoms and both believe in the overall design as it's evolved through time, so our intention is to take notes on what we each like and dislike about some of the designs throughout history. At the end of the season we'll each build 2 one-offs that are more aligned to what we've ridden this season as compared to what we typically build.

We're playing around with the idea of making a little book to accompany the project too.

We've been taking some crappy photos throughout the exploration process to chuckle at later on.

IMG_7344.jpg
IMG_7346.jpg
IMG_7351.jpg
IMG_7420.jpg
IMG_7422.jpg
IMG_7423.jpg
IMG_7424.jpg
IMG_7425.jpg

Ricksurfin

Jun 9, 2019
San Clemente, CA
I went through the V bottom stage in years past and had a lot of fun, but didn’t find them versatile enough so eventually got away from them. I had McTavish, Cooperfish, Fowler, Andreini, and others. They turned great, but lacked the drive and projection I preferred in a board. They did trim nicely though, just didn’t feel I could push hard on them.

eggrider

Feb 25, 2020
Bay Area
I went through the V bottom stage in years past and had a lot of fun, but didn’t find them versatile enough so eventually got away from them. I had McTavish, Cooperfish, Fowler, Andreini, and others. They turned great, but lacked the drive and projection I preferred in a board. They did trim nicely though, just didn’t feel I could push hard on them.

Members online