The surf here on the (B)east coast

Discussion in 'Surfing' started by Fubar, Dec 21, 2012.

1. Fubar

Fubar Active Member

Jul 21, 2005
    Cambridge, MA
    Big & stormy around Boston today. Should be clean later in the day through early Sunday morning.

2. DanSan

DanSan Well-Known Member

Jun 7, 2012
    USA California
  3. SReilly

SReilly Member

Jan 24, 2012
    Same in RI.. It was really good yesterday right before dark

4. I'll bring my camera to the local tomorrow if can reenact your avatar, Fubar.

You bringing a log?

5. Fubar

Fubar Active Member

Jul 21, 2005
    Cambridge, MA
    I'm bringing one of each.

Are you think (N)orth or (L)ocal?

The rock which is colored red was f@rking big this morning.

6. No sh@t. I'm on the top floor of my building and it was damn windy in the city today.

I'll probably bring a few choices as well. Pintail always works well in this stuff. Don't want to re-wax it again. Looks so clean.

If it's firing it's always nice to stay local, but am game for up north. Was thinking maybe local tomorrow and then north on Sunday, depending on what my family has to say about two days in a row....

Merry Christmas, I say.

7. Knots

Knots Active Member

Oct 19, 2008
    USA Southern New Jersey
    Was BIG down here this morning. Especially crazy since it was maybe waist high last night. Easily a solid 6' to 8' with these wild clean-up sets. Biggest I've seen it here in a very long time. Stiff offshores built all morning until it was just nuts by the mid day. Few friends out on longboards were getting in early and scoring some of the bigger waves of the morning. Took my 8'3" Vaquero and had a blast.

Another buddy was on the rocks shooting photos. Will post some up if I see em.

Aloha!

8. WhiteRussian

WhiteRussian Active Member

Oct 16, 2007
    Boston Harbor
    I sold my smaller boards for a moment, except the Isis of course. Do I have a chance to catch some waves tomorrow or Sunday? Or it could be too big? Mind you, still consider myself being a beginner.

thx

9. Fubar

Fubar Active Member

Jul 21, 2005
    Cambridge, MA
    Here is one spot:

Attached files
    [​IMG]

10. EcBob

EcBob New Member

Jul 9, 2011
    Friend took this one this AM in VB