The Great Trade Bait thread

Discussion in 'Longboard Surf Buy/Sell/Trade' started by cuda, Jan 29, 2019.

1. cuda

cuda Well-Known Member

Aug 23, 2007
    maybe we tried this before I don't know but inquiring about a new one anyway
    I know a lot of this trading stuff goings on here in the background, late nights dark alley's lol. Why not tap a wider group of traders

- This could be fun for for those of us who have boards that are in the racks that dont see as much water time as they used to and (in my case) were difficult to come by and I don't really see the point in selling but if the right trade offer came along for something equally interesting I could be motivated to recycle the quiver here or there. I honestly most of the time dont ever know exactly what I'm looking for just what "I'm into these days"
    I feel like I've got my collection at a point where it nicely suits my skills(lack of) and the waves I ride. I also have zero problem holding the boards I'm not riding much because I'll probably renew interest at some point in the future.

So, I guess initially I'm wondering if im not alone. Is a trade bait thread a thing? If so should we have some sort of guidelines such as how we describe condition etc?

2. SeniorGrom

SeniorGrom Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2012
    USA New Jersey
    I like the idea it’s just I’m lazy and content.

3. Macilious

Macilious Active Member

Jun 15, 2010
    Lemme toss out an idea. And I will preface it by saying that I am not even sure we are in the same ball park.

Idea - JBer A: lists boards he'll loan, location and boards he likes. JB2 hits him up. They chat, text, lil internet foreplay, then meet up and swap for a month or 2. This is pretty easy. We start a thread and see what happens. It could also be useful to JB friends that are traveling or interested in a specific board (for example someone could test my Fowler V8 before they buy one). Helps spread stoke, we get to meet some JBers and have a few laughs.

We have 3 simple rules (based on the Road house rules).
    One, never underestimate the value of someone else's board;
    Two, take it out surfing, never let a board sit inside unless it's absolutely necessary;
    and
    Three...be nice.

or we could have the first rule of board club be that there is no such things as board club.....

Lackosense and Lycokayaker like this.
  4. Tenfooter

Tenfooter Active Member

Nov 12, 2014
    USA Rhode Island
    Brilliant idea. I agree 100 %. Not in the mood to sell some of them, but curious how I can trade for another one.

kclibman likes this.
  5. Tenfooter

Tenfooter Active Member

Nov 12, 2014
    USA Rhode Island
    And here we go
    8 X 22 Ole
    Funboard?
    Midlenght?
    Longboard for my 11 y old ?
    Who knows
    Someone may like it
    Is collecting dust
    I’m interested in mostly longboards

Attached Files:

6. shadydave

shadydave Well-Known Member

Mar 10, 2014
    Ayer Ma USA
    Mac, I don’t believe Cuda was talking about loaning he was talking about this thread being about putting a certain board up for trade. The point he brings up about honestly describing the condition of a board is a valid one. As one persons “excellent” condition does not always seem to be the same as others.

Tenfooter likes this.
  7. cuda

cuda Well-Known Member

Aug 23, 2007

true, but on the other hand I like what this is morphed into ( board loaning) Maybe it could be it's own idea. I was thinking more along the lines hypothetically - I post a Cooperfish, a Wayno and a Phillips that I would be willing to trade for some thing of comparable value and condition. You are into the Phillips so you post up your offers. I maybe bit or maybe if not someone else sees that you offered up a nice vintage Rick and they offer you a trade - something like dat?

8. shadydave

shadydave Well-Known Member

Mar 10, 2014
    Ayer Ma USA
    I think this is a great idea

9. NJ Longboarder

NJ Longboarder Well-Known Member

Jan 3, 2005
    Cuda. I’ll trade ya cash for a cooperfish

I loan out boards all the time. If anyone is looking for something to try, hit me up. I only have a few I wouldn’t loan out.

Last edited: Jan 29, 2019
    John Valentne Brull and michael like this.
  10. waveslider619

waveslider619 Active Member

Sep 8, 2017
    SD
    Sounds rad might have to add socal and east coast versions.;)

John Valentne Brull likes this.