The board you’ll never sell

Salinity

May 11, 2016
USA Rhode Island
Jumping off the regrets thread, for those that have one, what’s the one (or multiple) board you’ll never sell?

Mine’s a bit of an odd one - not classic, or a heritage brand. Not something I’ll pass down to my nephew (a paipo will do him just fine). Nope - it’s just a 7-8 Austin pintail single fin. Picked it up when I was living in the Jamaica Plain section of Boston and surfing Winthrop (I’d move there for a few subsequent glorious years). First board I picked up from a smaller shaper before I knew of and became a huge Austin fanboy,

I’ve surfed them $h!t out if this board and it due to its scars and crappy repairs, it would scarcely be worth $200 to anyone else - but she’s priceless to me. Given I’m likely out of the water ‘til next fall, but should be up and at em by mid-spring, I just might have a go at restoring her integrity to some semblance of her former glory.

whatchugot?
013E0A8F-8244-444E-859C-AAC4B05A3AD5.jpeg

pintail

Feb 19, 2004
LA, California
Three:
> 6'4" custom Von Sol shadow.
> 6'6" Doc (Surf Rx) finless USO.
> 9'6" Rusty Electraglide that I swear I'll ride again.

WesCantDress

Mar 5, 2020
Long Beach, CA
9’4 CC Flathead. It’s the bird I grab whenever I feel like I’ve been riding too many different boards too often... it’s my home base.

Cool looking planshape, which is what lured me in initially. Rocker is flat, with a kick in the tail. Long, ultra blended concave that runs from entry to 2/3’s back, then into a rolled bottom all the way out the tail. It’s an exciting board to ride. Maybe not the most utilitarian vehicle one could imagine, but I always get out of the water stoked and smiling.