Tell me all about MAGIC MODELS

606venezia

Jul 28, 2021
East Coast
you guys that are riding these in the 9-10 range are you making any changes to the rocker? I had a 9’6 for a while, off the rack board that didn’t go so well in slopey north county waves I usually surf. Really wanted to like the board, thought a FS go better in those kinda waves so I sold it. Got distracted with other things.
Mine are all stock dimensions/rocker. That being said, I only surf them in steep east coast beach break.
I’m also very interested in people’s experiences with this. I’m looking at buying a 10’ 6” for Playa Guiones, which is kind of slopey

Planktom

Dec 27, 2016
Devon, UK
I’m also very interested in people’s experiences with this. I’m looking at buying a 10’ 6” for Playa Guiones, which is kind of slopey
I had a Mitsven 9'6" Magic and would say it was happiest when the wave had some curve to it. Go the longer Egg/Fishsimmons route for fatter waves I reckon.

PricklyPears

Aug 11, 2021
TX
you guys that are riding these in the 9-10 range are you making any changes to the rocker? I had a 9’6 for a while, off the rack board that didn’t go so well in slopey north county waves I usually surf. Really wanted to like the board, thought a FS go better in those kinda waves so I sold it. Got distracted with other things.

Some good feedback so far but this question has been on my mind lately as well. Love the template and am starting to think about a new 9'6"-10" trim machine. I have a beautiful 8' stocker Magic that I thought would be cruisier than it's turned out to be, rocker being one reason.

NateB

Jul 28, 2020
Laguna beach
Some good feedback so far but this question has been on my mind lately as well. Love the template and am starting to think about a new 9'6"-10" trim machine. I have a beautiful 8' stocker Magic that I thought would be cruisier than it's turned out to be, rocker being one reason.
Yeah I would probably go eagle over magic for a trim machine. Mine was definitely not a cruiser for big burgers. Liked waves with a bit of pitch, but at that length I found it a bit conflicting for bigger pitchier days. I would love to get one around 8’6 for those kinda days.