Tell me all about MAGIC MODELS

Camel Rock

Mar 23, 2020
San Diego
Is there a board consensus on whether this 8'6" is a good upper-limit for magics? How big could they go well and still do what they are meant to do?
I have a 9'3" Larmo Winter Magic. 2+1 and it's a quiver killer. Works in 2-3' and well overhead. I mainly surf it as a single (8-9" Skip Template) or Tri (Skip Mediums). I have seen them in the 11'-12' range as singles, 2+1 and thrusters.
IMG_2424.jpg

IMG_2425.jpg

NateB

Jul 28, 2020
Laguna beach
you guys that are riding these in the 9-10 range are you making any changes to the rocker? I had a 9’6 for a while, off the rack board that didn’t go so well in slopey north county waves I usually surf. Really wanted to like the board, thought a FS go better in those kinda waves so I sold it. Got distracted with other things.

DKNJ

Mar 20, 2016
Ocean, NJ
you guys that are riding these in the 9-10 range are you making any changes to the rocker? I had a 9’6 for a while, off the rack board that didn’t go so well in slopey north county waves I usually surf. Really wanted to like the board, thought a FS go better in those kinda waves so I sold it. Got distracted with other things.
Mine are all stock dimensions/rocker. That being said, I only surf them in steep east coast beach break.