Takayama DT flex fin

Maine Logger

Apr 28, 2021
Maine
Hi, first post here but have been enjoying reading through the forum for a while.

I’m curious if anyone has or is riding this fin on a log. I’ve seen these spec’d for the model T (my ride) as well as on all the popular michael takayama boards. I’m curious about trying a 10”, currently riding a 4a and TW pivot both 9.75. Thanks

1620131969130.jpeg

Souvlaks

Feb 10, 2021
San Diego, CA
I just purchased a 10.5 DT flex for my 10ft widetailed noserider. Will let you know how it goes!

In the meantime, I have been riding a 9inch Norm flex fin from true Ames. Similar outline to the DT flex with that swept back rake and thinner base. I love it on my 9’1 longboard. The board itself is considered the “performance” board of this shapers (Neto up in Maine!) line up but I have gotten the easiest nose rides on it too, I think due to this fin shape. Super nice turner and locks in quite well when stepping up the board. Never have had it slip.
Really enjoy it - whether it’s the board or the fin, I’m not 100% sure. I’ve never actually tried another fin in that board.

Maine Logger

Apr 28, 2021
Maine
I just purchased a 10.5 DT flex for my 10ft widetailed noserider. Will let you know how it l
goes!
Word, appreciate the response. Looking forward to hearing how it does for ya. I don’t know much about Neto boards aside for that he shapes for Maine Surfers Union. You in ME/NH region as well ?

Souvlaks

Feb 10, 2021
San Diego, CA
Word, appreciate the response. Looking forward to hearing how it does for ya. I don’t know much about Neto boards aside for that he shapes for Maine Surfers Union. You in ME/NH region as well ?
Grew up in Boston but now San Diego! I keep the 9’1 at my friends house in Boston and still go back quite a bit. was there for that recent swell in early april. Most fun I’ve had in a hood and booties!