swaylocks?

Discussion in 'Surfing' started by Fishface, Jan 29, 2020.

1. Fishface

Fishface Active Member

Oct 4, 2012
    Del Mar,CA
    got some weird emails from swaylocks...tallking about a newsletter, etc.. are they still functioning? that was a great site years ago... forgot about them

2. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2014
    France
    Sways is still up, though sometimes it feels like its limping along. Spent a lot of time there fifteen years ago or so - around the time of Clark's closing it was a great place to be.

3. PeakMaster

PeakMaster Well-Known Member

Feb 15, 2004
    USA New Jersey CMC
    Tons of local history there but not a place that I check frequently anymore.

4. poidog

poidog Active Member

Sep 7, 2010
    Years ago entered a thread on hulls, emerged days later, felt like my body had an S deck, no concaves, foiled rails and a narrow-based flex fin protruding from my ass.

5. Chilly Willy

Chilly Willy Well-Known Member

Feb 15, 2004
    USA New Jersey
    I've been having some of my own shaping/glassing adventures lately and have been using the hell out of it in terms of a google search for "swaylocks [whatever]". Even though all the threads I find are from 12-15 years ago and the links/images are broken, it is still incredibly useful. A lot easier to do on a computer than a phone because the text columns
    get
    pretty
    skinny
    on
    certain
    pages
    if
    you
    know
    what
    I
    mean.

The only thing that strikes me is that forums sometimes get all crotchety and cranky if people ask questions and don't use the search function. This is always great in theory, but isn't there going to be some point where everything has already been discussed, everything is already archived, and no one actively contributes conversation anymore? When I see all these threads from 12-15 years ago with nothing new, it makes me feel like I'm strolling through the forum version of Pripyat.

6. michael

michael Well-Known Member

Apr 19, 2017
    NJ
    On the floor. So true haha

7. dingpatch

dingpatch Well-Known Member

Apr 2, 2014
    Florida USA
    Ya, it seems that a lot of once popular forums and sites have gone down hill. That good old 20 year old software just does not do the trick anymore. I forget what/where it was but, it was not too long ago that I was having a problem with an old site, , , , their response was ", , , , , Oh, you're using a Mac, , , , ,"!! WTH?

We need to get those site developers in Elbonia to up their game.

8. strez

strez Active Member

Mar 23, 2012
    Hamilton, Massachusetts
    That actually did happen to me. I've not been the same since! :)

dingpatch likes this.
  9. Dawnpatrol

Dawnpatrol Well-Known Member

May 7, 2006
    PNW
    Not being a "board builder" this is exactly why I didn't sign up for Sways! A 9" 4A up the ass would have been painful!

10. Bman76

Bman76 New Member

Oct 27, 2016
    Australia
    Bring up Geoff McCoy surfboards over there and watch what happens...major lunacy and bullying.