Swaylock's shutting it down

Ricksurfin

Jun 9, 2019
San Clemente, CA
it was a good run, I learned a lot there. it hasn’t been anything like it was years ago, but I’m sad to see it go.

Driftwood

Dec 2, 2014
France
That place played a big role in my board building years ago. Made some neat connections and learned a ton in those heady post-Clark days. A well-appreciated and longstanding effort by Mike. Kudos.

kyle

Jun 2, 2010
Wow. That’s a bit sad. I loved that site. I didn’t like it since it switched over to the new platform but who cares about me. It was dope and it was something special.

Curlz

Jun 26, 2020
VA, USA
This one really hurts. So much institutional knowledge from those guys, but more sad is the nostalgia of that site. That site gave me the confidence to shape my first board and start surfing. I surf now because of that site, it gave me my first board and wave.

No matter how long a break, it always felt like returning home when I signed in.

paipodude

Oct 27, 2019
Maryland, or By-the-Sea
I am very sorry to see Swaylock's disappearing. Wouldn't it be nice if they could tuck-in a Subforum tread space or two on Jamboards? I'm not sure if Jamboards would want to do that but it could be a good fit and Jamboards has a great backbone architecture, more modern look and feel (I speak from experience as the much narrower and smaller paipo forums has similar challenges in the New Age era of social media platforms).