Surftechs that you really like

poser516

Sep 29, 2005
i still stand by what i said. and i still feel it in my bones. it is really important. your corporatizing the whole experience, and everything is corporate enough!

supporting surftech is just adding to the loss of human in today's world.

and not to toot my own horn, but gcs and others, i am very environmentally concious, i hardly ever drive, and eat only locally grown foods consisting of mostly rice and vegetables. 99% of the waste i produce is recyclable, too.

it's not about the materials, it's about the board being made in china. so if you're buying a robert aguust made with his own hands or one of his employees hands, thats great, but if you are bvuying it made from poly glassed in china, then you might as well be riding a surftech.

with your quicksilver shirt made by 7 year olds in china.

and good luck with that.

LATES

tarheel

Mar 31, 2005
Donald Takayama and all of the other well known shapers surely don't have a problem with Surftech especially when the checks arrive in the mail. Call it what you will but surfing will evolve and change in time just like everything else in this old world. I still own Polyester Boards and enjoy them also. Surftech has its place in my opinion especially while travelling and its great to see light, durable, fantastic shapes more available now.

What did you say you do with that 99% RECYCLABLE waste ?

g-coast

Mar 2, 2004
My underwear is made in China,,,,,probly by a 7 year old. Guess I'm a soul-less pervert. Think I'll just go hang myself.

little AL

Feb 17, 2004
USA
This site is made up of people that have some very strong ideas. Poser is one of them, his first post came on very strong but he soften it up quit a bit on this last post, and then he had to get a last kick of sand in the face, but thats ok too. We here in the US of A send all of the jobs that we don't like doing over seas. Oh ya I think Surftec is made in Thailand not China but that does not matter. I have talked to people that have been to the factory in Thailand and they tell me it is a very clean and nicely ran company. I know the people that work in the factory don't make a lot of money, by our standers, but they do make more then enough to live on. Remember it is not every country that it cost $2.50 just to buy a cup of coffee. I was in Thailand many years ago and I could have eaten on $.50 a day, where as here in the good old USA it would have cost me $5.00 a day to eat. When we send jobs over seas we take jobs away from people here in the USA, this is the bad part of everything going over seas. Most of the people that surf can go into a surf shop and pick up a board right off the rack, I am not most people. I have to order my boards custom, or I could just buy one of the 11', or 12' Surftec's. I go with the custom board, because I like to mess around with designs, if there is something that I do not like about my board or if I think there is something that will make it ride better for me, I just talk to my shaper and have that changed. You can't do that with a Surftec, what you get is what you get. Most people out there don't mess around with there boards like a few of us do, anyway so there is nothing wrong with a Surftec for these people. How many people out there have changed out there fin or even moved the fin it the box? I have talked to people that have never moved the fin on there board and have surf it for 3 years or more. I know surfers that order new custom boards and I ask them what kind of rails are you getting, they tell me it is going to have red rails and a blue deck, I ask are you getting a concave nose this time, and they say no the nose is going to have green flames on it. This is the person that would be just as happy with a Surftec. It does not make them any less of a surfer, it just makes them different from me, and that is just what surfing is all about. Sure you can get to the nose on a Surftec, sure you can make that big drop, and wip a big snap turn, but can you really walk to the nose and plant a big 10 and hold it across the face of the wave for 5 or 10 sec.? I have watched the films of the guy over in the Island riding there Surftec's get big 5 overs and even 10 overs, but for only a flash. You also have to remember these guy are getting paid to be seen riding those boards. I have talked to shapers and they all say the same thing. I enjoy the check coming in every month, and it gives me more time to do R&D, since I'm not making the same board day in and day out, and only have to change the color. Mark my words Surftec will soon offer a custom board you will be able to get it in any of 5 or 6 colors, same shape but your custom color. Once they do that you will be seeing even more Surftecs in the waters.

Oh ya I lived through the '60 and as a surfer those early years were not too bad. I would not want to go back manly because I love the new wetsuits and being warm, other then that, my girl friend sure looked good it her bathing suit, blond hair and tanned body, I should have married that girl. OH SHIT I DID........ and I'm still married to that lady.

aloof

Feb 5, 2005
USA
hang in there, it's just that new elastic they puttin in it relaxes after about two washes and you'll feel a release of tension around your neck, now im not inseuating nuthin.g-coast wrote:
My underwear is made in China,,,,,probly by a 7 year old. Guess I'm a soul-less pervert. Think I'll just go hang myself.

gcs

Mar 7, 2004
USA
poser516 wrote:
i still stand by what i said. and i still feel it in my bones. it is really important. your corporatizing the whole experience, and everything is corporate enough!

supporting surftech is just adding to the loss of human in today's world.

and not to toot my own horn, but gcs and others, i am very environmentally concious, i hardly ever drive, and eat only locally grown foods consisting of mostly rice and vegetables. 99% of the waste i produce is recyclable, too.

it's not about the materials, it's about the board being made in china. so if you're buying a robert aguust made with his own hands or one of his employees hands, thats great, but if you are bvuying it made from poly glassed in china, then you might as well be riding a surftech.

with your quicksilver shirt made by 7 year olds in china.

and good luck with that.

LATES
Alright, Poser, I think you make good points, but your attitude is taking away from them. When you get a little older you'll find that the points you make, which are certainly valid points, can be made without insulting people. Deep breath, calm, and no offense intended.

unforgiven

May 10, 2006
slosurf wrote:
richard tator wrote:
A good friend of mine rides a red and yellow walden magic, we call him Ronald McDonald when he rides it!!!! But he also surfs better than anyone Ive ever seen!!!!!, around here anyway!
That's what mine looks like. Only difference is I often look as silly as Ronald McDonald when I am surfing mine. I agree with all thhe comments about the colors on these pop-outs. Throw some more R&D $ at the color thing. Hey, what about getting Robbie Kiegel (sp?) to do some Creme Surftech models?!?!?! :cool::cool::cool:

Attached files