Surftechs that you really like

tarheel

Mar 31, 2005
I am definitely aware that most people in here do not care for Surftechs and I did

not either until I purchased one. I have to say I really like my 9'3 Tak In the Pink.

I would like to know what other models do people have that they really like.

Thanks,

Tarheel

g-unit

Apr 2, 2006
USA New Jersey
i have a ten foot hap jacobs summer model that i love. Although it definately has a different feel the durability and the toughness are great. Once i got used to the board i ride it more then i ride all my others combined.

slosurf

Sep 1, 2004
USA Maryland
I love my 7' McCoy Nugget (more use than any other Surftech), 7'11" McCoy Nugget and 9'6" Velzy Wood Veneer. I kinda like the 9'5" McTavish Stylist (though I'll still sell if if anyone is interested). I have ridden and didn't particularly like the DN Noserider (didn't like at all), McTavish Original (seen people totally rip on this board in big and medium conditions- I concluded I am not good enough for it), Wingnut (just didn;t like ride, tried multiple fins) and a Yater that was 8'6" (been years since I rode this one). Best "pop-out" longboard is, IMHO, Boardworks Magic. They are a bit heavier than the Surftechs. I'd love to try a 11' Munoz.

Mango Bill

Oct 4, 2006
USA Florida
I have a ten foot Robert August what I ride model,and a Takayama 9'8" double ender.I like the way both ride on the lakes in fresh water,but after loosing my channin nr2 in the rocks at ollies this summer got to ride a 9'6" robert august for one session and hated it,in salt water felt way to corky and had no drive.I absoultly love the takayama double ender in winter surf it paddles like a dream,keeps me up and out of the ice water,and handles like a much smaller board.I think I will sell the robert august some day as I would like a Takayama DT-1 speed shape triple stringer volan glass.
Mango Bill

poser516

Sep 29, 2005
but what i dont understand--even if you do enjoy the ride, and even go as far as believing that they work better then any other surfboard (everybody has an opinion and thats great), how does it not boether you that you are riding waves on the most powerful force on earth, the ocean, with a plastic surfboard made in china with absolutley no soul or care what so ever, with nothing in mind but profit. the most exploitable surfboard in the whole world, reaping your love for the ocean and wave riding for all it's worth. the absolute cheapest blow to the art of riding waves.

how can you just not give a f*ck?

i mean, do you care about ANYTHING? or are you a middle aged overweight drone of an american (like most americans are, statistically speaking) who probably can't get much of an erection anymore and has lost all grasp of the fact that the best things in life are free? because the two are very directly related. please help me GET IT.

sc-longboarder

Feb 17, 2004
USA South Carolina
poser516 wrote:
but what i dont understand--even if you do enjoy the ride, and even go as far as believing that they work better then any other surfboard (everybody has an opinion and thats great), how does it not boether you that you are riding waves on the most powerful force on earth, the ocean, with a plastic surfboard made in china with absolutley no soul or care what so ever, with nothing in mind but profit. the most exploitable surfboard in the whole world, reaping your love for the ocean and wave riding for all it's worth. the absolute cheapest blow to the art of riding waves.

i mean, do you care about ANYTHING? or are you a middle aged overweight drone of an american (like most americans are, statistically speaking) who probably can't get much of an erection anymore and has lost all grasp of the fact that the best things in life are free? because the two are very directly related. please help me GET IT.
so your surfboard has a soul?good for you!

and i always thought that people had souls,how could i have been so wrong:D

Singlefinglide

Feb 22, 2004
USA New Jersey
poser wrote:

"are you a middle aged overweight drone of an american (like most americans are, statistically speaking) who probably can't get much of an erection anymore" :shock:

And you guys get a little miffed when I simply suggest that someone may be charging a little too much for a stick:p

SFG

Scout

Jul 29, 2004
there are none that i really like enough to buy (i've found most to be too buoyant and having problems relating to that). i will say that i used to work at a shop that would buy ST since they are a bit more durable than a regular board and got the chance to ride quite a few models (short and long) and out of the surftechs that i've riden there is a japanese brand called No Brand that makes a 9'0" (or maybe 2") that works pretty well.

T-Bone

Apr 7, 2005
USA - Beachwood, New Jersey
poser516 wrote:

Poser, I think you gotta step in off the ledge there buddy and lighten up a hair. Last time I looked all the shapers named below are exactly that "SHAPERS" that choose also to do the "surftech" gig, so I guess your saying it's only OK to buy a "Tak" "McCoy" "Robert August" "McTavish" "Yater" "Jacobs" Etc... if it is a Poly board, but not OK to buy a Surftech model? They are still getting paid.

It is way different than buying a cheesy off brand POP OUT! I don't own a surftech and right now don't know if I would, but am intelligent enough to realize there is a difference.

And if you have that problem you spoke of at the bottom of your post, That's what they make the little blue pill for! Now take a deep breath and relax.

And by the way if your getting on everybody like this, you better be riding exclusively on "Balsa Boards", because otherwise your riding a man made materials board on the biggest force in Nature, albeit a hand crafted work of art in most cases, still man made.