Surfing year round

lesh_is_more

Jul 31, 2021
Los Angeles
genuinely confused by this response, What you should have said is you want tropical conditions year round with good surf and a basic economy

genuinely confused by this response, What you should have said is you want tropical conditions year round with good surf and a basic economy. You can surf the shit out of SoCal year round.

genuinely confused by this response, What you should have said is you want tropical conditions year round with good surf and a basic economy. You can surf the shit out of SoCal year round.
" I work remotely in southern ca. It's time to change things up. No kids, 37. Would love to go somewhere with year round surfing while saving money."

Komaiaboyz

Apr 27, 2008
I've heard good things - where would you post up?
I would stay in San Juan La Union, on Luzon. It has several surf spots but the two I like are Carille and the Mona Lisa point which is right outside Little Surfmaid surf resort. Carille is like Malibu when it is on. The ride ends in a little bay not unlike that near the Malibu pier. Unreal right. Mona Lisa is a more consistent wave, but is world class for logging when it is on as well.

lesh_is_more

Jul 31, 2021
Los Angeles
I would stay in San Juan La Union, on Luzon. It has several surf spots but the two I like are Carille and the Mona Lisa point which is right outside Little Surfmaid surf resort. Carille is like Malibu when it is on. The ride ends in a little bay not unlike that near the Malibu pier. Unreal right. Mona Lisa is a more consistent wave, but is world class for logging when it is on as well.

Thanks a lot!

Fubar

Jul 21, 2005
Cambridge, MA
I love Mexico and the PR. But, if you want infrastructure, warm weather, and good surf, Australia would be my top choice. However, there is no money to be saved and you can only work there for a year or so, depending on what you do. The timezone could be very isolating in terms of career growth for a remote job

lesh_is_more

Jul 31, 2021
Los Angeles
I love Mexico and the PR. But, if you want infrastructure, warm weather, and good surf, Australia would be my top choice. However, there is no money to be saved and you can only work there for a year or so, depending on what you do. The timezone could be very isolating in terms of career growth for a remote job
Yeah the time zone is a deal breaker. If you have any recommendations for Mexico or PR, I'd be grateful. Always on the hunt for a clean left and point breaks.

Sax-son

Nov 23, 2019
High Sierras, CA
I've heard good things about Zihua - was it rough when you were there?
It's been many years since I have been there, but it was pretty "third world" when I was there. Great for a vacation, but I doubt I would want to live there full time. If you can pull it off financially, it's still Hawaii for me.