Surfing on Acid

West81

Jun 28, 2021
Hollandia
Anyone ever surfed on acid?

I did once. It was great. Felt extremely in tune with the waves

Found some small peelers though, would not recommend in larger surf.

After I got lost in the dunes and had trouble finding my way home. Couldnt figure out how to fit my board in the rack properly (it was upside down) and sorta jammed it in. Apparanetly it fell out and I found my board on the floor with the busted rail the next day o_O

Still worth it

Nilus

Jun 30, 2008
  • 1 ounce Jägermeister
  • 1 ounce coconut rum
  • 1 ounce pineapple juice
  • Garnish: pineapple wedge

Sax-son

Nov 23, 2019
High Sierras, CA

After I got lost in the dunes and had trouble finding my way home. Couldnt figure out how to fit my board in the rack properly (it was upside down) and sorta jammed it in. Apparanetly it fell out and I found my board on the floor with the busted rail the next day o_O

Still worth it
I did! However, the experience depended on what kind of acid we took. There was some that was incredible and you did feel as if you were part of the whole oceanic activity. Other times it could be a hellish intense situation and all you could do was to hold on to yourself in order get through it. After a while I wasn't interested in doing it anymore. It was always kind of a curiosity thing for me anyway. I never wanted to do any of it for very long periods like some did.

OX 45

Jan 3, 2014
7 years ago I did a full moon midnight surf at 1st point Malibu on a respectable amount of psyliciben (enough to be in the force but not so much as to be checking my wetsuit for shit every few minutes) Waves were 2-3ft overhead which made it easy to see the sets rolling in, confidence boost for sure, definitely increased my surfing ability feeling more connect to the wave, surfing from my feet’s perspective(able to channel myself into the minor adjustments of pressure toe to heel), and the spray from every turn a different color was applied. When the tide dropped out about 4 am there was enough sand on the inside to pitch a nice little tunnel, I’ll never forget the ambient light from the post on pch shining through the thin sheet of water that separated me from the outside. In my top 3 surfs for sure

Last edited:

Driftwood

Dec 2, 2014
France
Geez, that brought back some... pardon the easy out, flashbacks.

Tripped occasionally while surfing during high school. The first couple of times I kept getting distracted, like really, really distracted, by the way water flows over your rails or your wax, by pretty much everything in fact. I'm sure I kept a few guys laughing in the line up as I kept dripping water through my fingers, way outside where I should have been sitting. Then I figured out that a half hit was a much better way to go if I actually wanted to surf. Couple of neat sessions at off the wall spots down at the cliffs.

I think the last time was about thirty years ago - that doesn't make me feel any younger...

Skeg1

Oct 11, 2021
Texas

Still worth it
Oh yes . That sounds totally worth it lol

Skeg1

Oct 11, 2021
Texas
Geez, that brought back some... pardon the easy out, flashbacks.

Tripped occasionally while surfing during high school. The first couple of times I kept getting distracted, like really, really distracted, by the way water flows over your rails or your wax, by pretty much everything in fact. I'm sure I kept a few guys laughing in the line up as I kept dripping water through my fingers, way outside where I should have been sitting. Then I figured out that a half hit was a much better way to go if I actually wanted to surf. Couple of neat sessions at off the wall spots down at the cliffs.

I think the last time was about thirty years ago - that doesn't make me feel any

Niau

Dec 18, 2020
Necarney City
Surfing is a high. A natural high why alter the experience? And acid is a hallucinogen ..Maybe the experience wasnt
Exactly as you remember lol js
It’s not all about getting high. Often you find what you’re looking for. Other times one discovers the unexpected. It’s a worthwhile exercise, although the setting should be one you’re comfortable with. B

Skeg1

Oct 11, 2021
Texas
It’s not all about getting high. Often you find what you’re looking for. Other times one discovers the unexpected. It’s a worthwhile exercise, although the setting should be one you’re comfortable with. B
I’m just not into the use of drugs tbh..I never had a need for it. To each his or her own I suppose …