Surfdome Buying Experiences

NCJohn

Oct 27, 2015
Wilmington, NC
Anybody ever buy anything from surfdome online? On one site reviews give them an 86% positive rating. On another 2.6 of 5. They have an ocean earth travel bag built specifically for fish that I'd like to buy and my local shop doesn't carry. Thanks

messierishome

Oct 15, 2020
San Francisco
Anybody ever buy anything from surfdome online? On one site reviews give them an 86% positive rating. On another 2.6 of 5. They have an ocean earth travel bag built specifically for fish that I'd like to buy and my local shop doesn't carry. Thanks
Yes it's great. Bought a yow and a board bag arrived fast. I think it's shipped from uk

xaaronx

Jun 12, 2021
Wilmington, NC
Adding this in case anyone else comes looking for info.

Recently ordered a board bag from them ($50 cheaper than anywhere else). Got a confirmation, but never received a tracking number.

Once the expected delivery date passed, I tried contacting them through the customer service form on the website. Nothing. Tried again a couple days later. Nothing. This Monday I did it again and changed the reason from "Delivery enquiry" to "Complaint" and also mentioned that if I didn't hear anything this time I was disputing the charge with my credit card company. I finally heard back. Whether they just take a week to respond to things or if either the change to "Complaint" or mention of disputing the charge made a difference I couldn't really say.

I was told the item was on backorder and "should arrive soon". Both because they took an order without telling me it was backordered and gave me a delivery date and because it seems they just would have never told me that info without me bothering them multiple times, it kind of left a bad taste in my mouth. Also, online outlets tend to be bad about saying things are backordered that actually never come into stock again.

I canceled the order and am currently awaiting the refund. I'll update here if there are any issues there.

Coincidentally , I ordered the bag from ebay and the seller ended up being Warehouse Skateboards. Literally arrived the next day! I looked and it actually was shipped from here in town (Wilmington, NC) and looking at addresses Warehouse Skateboards seems to be a retail outlet for Eastern Skate Supply. Good to know you can buy direct from them.

Given that it was in town it's not completely surprising to come that quickly, but I'm still impressed that I ordered around noon one day and they had it out that afternoon and it was in my hands less than 24 hours later. I'd seen their price in a Google search and was sketchy about using another unknown website to order vs a highly rated ebay seller. Now that I know who they are, I'd feel pretty good about ordering straight through them next time.

xaaronx

Jun 12, 2021
Wilmington, NC
Incidentally, the page on their website still claims the same bag will be "despatched immediately". Despite telling me earlier this week it was backordered. So, at the very least their website and inventory management systems are not in sync. Not saying that someone shouldn't order from them. Just do like I did after reading some reviews online and use a credit card so you can dispute charges if there are issues.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-08-05 at 11.59.19 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-08-05 at 11.59.19 PM.png
    83.4 KB · Views: 17

xaaronx

Jun 12, 2021
Wilmington, NC
Yeah. I have an 11' for my 10'6" gliders. A little long, but picked it up dirty but unused off FB Marketplace for $50! Only issue is that after less than a year of use, the zipper on the vent section is going :(

I decided to try another one for a board I'm getting restored because I really need a ventilated board bag since my only option to get in the water some days is to leave the board on my car at work. I try to park in the shade, but it still gets hot.

The only other one that looks like it's ventilated as well is the Creatures DT2 and the black color worries me. Whereas the reflective side of my Aircon seems to be more effective at reflecting heat than previous bags I've had. So fingers crossed this zipper does better.

Last edited: