Surfboard and Fin Estate Sell

Discussion in 'Longboard Surf Buy/Sell/Trade' started by LB LIZARD, Nov 13, 2018.

1. LB LIZARD

LB LIZARD Member

Mar 22, 2007
    USA California
    0A201B34-A648-4E99-BC4C-90C947B35E3B.jpeg
    A few boards left in this batch. Some may remember our forum member Ed “Tentose” who passed a couple years ago. I have been entrusted by Ed’s (Tentose) widow to sell his extensive and eclectic board and fin collection. There are no vintage boards, only contemporary. Some have glassed in fins and some don’t. I have boardbags too to sell too. Some have never been used. I only have 4 boards left in this shipment. I am selling on this round are all single fins. The next batch will be HP thruster longboards, mid-lengths, and a few short boards. ALL proceeds go to Ed’s Widow. The boards would in most instances to be local pick up (no shipping) here in Santa Cruz only. But, possibly, I might be able to arrange for bringing boards down to So Cal area. The 4 boards remaining, in this batch, are an Arrow 10’, Bing (DNNR) Nose Rider 9’6”, Kevin Connelly 9’8” glassed in fin, and a Tak Model T 9’8” glassed in fin.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 30, 2018
  2. FirstPointEric

FirstPointEric Well-Known Member

Extraordinarily cool of you to do for her, LBL. While it may be impossible to photograph them all, in order to help get these boards and fins moved, you should post an inventory (and lengths of) of what you've got. It sounds like it would be a bit of work to do up front, but it'll make things go much more smoothly.

While I never knew Ed, I saw him surf at Malibu a few times and man, he was good. Huge aloha for your efforts, LBL.

LB LIZARD likes this.
  3. NJ Longboarder

NJ Longboarder Well-Known Member

Jan 3, 2005
    I never had the chance to Ed personally but he was an awesome member of this forum. Glad you are able to help out his wife.

shadydave and LB LIZARD like this.
  4. LB LIZARD

LB LIZARD Member

Mar 22, 2007
    USA California

5. LB LIZARD

LB LIZARD Member

Mar 22, 2007
    USA California
    I appreciate your support. It’s turned out to be more work than I expected but worth it. Pls be patient.

Last edited: Nov 14, 2018
  6. FirstPointEric

FirstPointEric Well-Known Member

We will all be patient grasshoppers. Again, even though it'll be a ton more work than expected, the end result will vastly outweigh the effort. Huge aloha to you, LBL and please give our best to his widow.

LB LIZARD, walkingtheplank and DJR like this.
  7. walkingtheplank

walkingtheplank Active Member

Aug 2, 2004
    wherever i am
    good on you mate - i had the pleasure of meeting & hanging out w/Ed while living in Pacifica back in '05. we surfed SC a couple of times, & i even went over to their home in SJ & met his wife. one project we had was to photograph all the boards he had jammed in that tiny garage of his. we pulled everything out & staged it all on his mini lawn space & in the driveway. i shot each board (top & bottom) w/my digital camera (must've ended up w/about 50-75 pics), & then burned the whole thing onto a CD for him. we called it "Boardfolio" - the irony is that i was just looking for that directory of pics last night on my Mac, & couldn't find it anywhere. he had all types of rad stuff - a Junod shaped 9'8" f/Clark green foam (not super green, but original green which rivals Walker Oldman foam in density/weight), tons of CJs, a bunch of McTavish Fireballs, & even a couple which he painted with his own designs. Ed was a talented musician, artist & philosopher. after i left the Bay Area, we talked on the phone pretty regularly over the next few years. more recently, i was very saddened to hear of his passing via this forum. Ed was, without a doubt, the best noserider i ever saw. Chris A can vouch for it too. we both watched him surf privates in SC. his favorite spot, though, had to be Manresa - he loved that place. i miss Ed to this day...hope all these boards/fins go to good homes.

Last edited: Nov 22, 2018