Surfbag recommendations that works for hulls?

sam

Nov 16, 2020
SF
How do you like the Dirt model? True hull? Does it mainly like cleaner points? I mainly surf beach breaks but have been eyeing that model
True hull. I’ve gotten the most out of it at points and reefs in Santa Cruz. With a longer ride you can actually draw out the full rail turns and cut backs. Never gone faster.

Budthedog

Dec 22, 2020
California
small update: bought a 7’2” pro-lite longboard day bag. The 7’ hybrid bag was too narrow at the nose and the extra couple inches of the 7’2” is enough to basically get the fin in. ‘Basically’ because it’s at the top of the slot and only about half in, but bag can still be zipped shut.

Also got a finjak which is cool, but not so much about travel anymore and more about ease of moving my fin.

sk8thom

Jul 10, 2007
USA California
With this the fin is way far forward. I mark the fin placements(s) with a sharpie and just take the fin out each time.
10' flex.2.jpg

skurp

Feb 11, 2021
San Diego
I nabbed an 8ft Ho Stevie sock from Amazon for $35 - for my 7'6" Outlier (with a 10 in fin all the way up in the box) and its just big enough to get around the fin and cinch up perfectly. it's a little on the wider side as well.