Surfbag recommendations that works for hulls?

davey

Jun 9, 2007
Australia
GAS Travel 1 Fun board
7ft, has a slot for the fin so should fit. I've got a few and they're fantastic.
Screenshot_20210205-113349.png

Last edited:

Ricksurfin

Jun 9, 2019
San Clemente, CA
Trouble with that is, the slot will be back at the rear of the bag, and with a board with a fin 12” up from tail the fin will be too far forward to fit through the slot.
I ran a surf shop and we sold all the major manufacturers board bags, and none of them would accommodate a board with a fin that far forward.

Kys

May 10, 2019
Irvine, ca
I have a 7’6 Dakine thruster bag for my 7’0 Klaus Jones Dirt. I just use a thumb screw and pop my fin in before a surf
How do you like the Dirt model? True hull? Does it mainly like cleaner points? I mainly surf beach breaks but have been eyeing that model

backtail

Jun 11, 2019
Long Beach
if you go the sock route, and it doesnt fit, could probably just cut a slice in it and you or someone that knows how to sew could probably sew something over the edges so it doesn't fray.

davey

Jun 9, 2007
Australia
The board is 7' but the fin is almost 12 inches up from the tail. Seems to be an in between range for board bags. I don't need something super padded - not planning on serious travel, I just want something to move between car/apt/beach with maybe a tiny bit of protection. Any recommendations are appreciated!

Bud
Hey Bud, just got my hands on a 7'10" vee bottom and have the same problem. Let me know what you come up with and also any photos of your new ride.
Screenshot_20210208-082031.jpg

Budthedog

Dec 22, 2020
California
Hey Bud, just got my hands on a 7'10" vee bottom and have the same problem. Let me know what you come up with and also any photos of your new ride. View attachment 27524
Looks really nice Davey! I’m slacking on picking a solution. At this point I’m looking at getting a bag that will fit, without a fin slot and then cutting the slot where I need it and finishing with either duct tape or some old wetsuit neoprene.
0AA344C4-2246-4CCE-B1F3-7ACBBFE0D95B.jpeg