Surfbag recommendations that works for hulls?

Budthedog

Dec 22, 2020
California
The board is 7' but the fin is almost 12 inches up from the tail. Seems to be an in between range for board bags. I don't need something super padded - not planning on serious travel, I just want something to move between car/apt/beach with maybe a tiny bit of protection. Any recommendations are appreciated!

Bud

lito_outside

Oct 16, 2020
Petaluma, CA
FWIW I was having trouble sourcing a 7’6 single fin bag so I just cut a fin slit in a thruster bag. Very customizable. The fact that it was a second-hand bag did make it easier psychologically. 6 months of light use and no worries so far.

DanSan

Jun 7, 2012
Soquel,CA
amazon has wide surfbags...

i had no problem fitting all my fowler V8 vbottoms,
hulls, vbowls, midi mini simmons..with width and wide tails..
fyi

Last edited:

Andrew Johnson

Apr 11, 2019
Ventura, CA
O
The problem is that you are not going to find a padded bag that has a fin slot that fits a fin that’s 12” from tail. You’ll either need to find a sock type bag that has enough slack to fit with fin on, or remove fin if possible.
Yup. Or get a longer bag and don’t use the fin slot - the bulge from the fin will shorten up the overall bag length.

Budthedog

Dec 22, 2020
California
Thanks guys, these are good ideas. Green Fuz bags looks nice! Maybe a little fancier than what I want to spring for atm so I’m going with the cut a hole and duct tape strategy. Also probably grabbing one of those Finjaks too - didn’t know about those and they look helpful.

sam

Nov 16, 2020
SF
I have a 7’6 Dakine thruster bag for my 7’0 Klaus Jones Dirt. I just use a thumb screw and pop my fin in before a surf

Members online