Surf Craft Union Surfboard Review

Hodaddy81

Feb 2, 2021
Jersey
I’ve had both a Lovelace Thick Lizzy and a V Bowls. Like you said, the Thick Lizzy (Haley Pin equivalen) surfs more like a glider then the V Bowls, but in my opinion where the wide point is situated is the main difference on how they surf, with the V Bowls being much more piggish.
Nice surfing btw.
Totally agree. Wide point does change it a lot. But I feel like the Haley bottom definitely invites more air and water to flow through the board as it travels. Which in my opinion makes a big difference especially in the waves that I surfed it in for this particular review. Again both amazing boards. The Haley is making me explore longer versions of it soon!! The v bowls actually kinda inspired me to dive back into those involvement style logs again too. Results to follow.

Artz

Nov 22, 2018
Florida
Like you new studio. Nice graphics in the back ground.
You wanted to know If Donald Takayama Shaped that Board? If didn’t sign the Modle T the board. Then it was not shaped by Him. He signed all his Boards and even a few of the Boards by his Ghost Shampers. Ask Jim Phillips.

Last edited:

Hodaddy81

Feb 2, 2021
Jersey
Like you new studio. Nice graphics in the back ground.
You wanted to know If Donald Takayama Shaped that Board? If didn’t sign the Modle T the board. Then it was not shaped by Him. He signed all his Boards and even a few of the Boards by his Ghost Shampers. Ask Jim Phillips.
That’s what I was told too. I emailed them and never got a response and recently after that was filmed found out it was not signed. Thank you for the compliment on the studio. I come from a merchandiser background so stoked people dig it

RobG814

Apr 27, 2020
North Carolina
Been really digging your videos. Looking forward to the Continental, a few guys near me love theirs.

I had similar experiences with the Model T as you. Just didn’t seem great for typical east coast beach break. I found it went best with a big pivot fin but still didn’t compare to more modern style noseriders.

Hodaddy81

Feb 2, 2021
Jersey
Been really digging your videos. Looking forward to the Continental, a few guys near me love theirs.

I had similar experiences with the Model T as you. Just didn’t seem great for typical east coast beach break. I found it went best with a big pivot fin but still didn’t compare to more modern style noseriders.
Thank you. Ya model t was not my cup of tea. But the continental so far is doing pretty well.