Stubbed toe...please help

miscreant

May 20, 2016
So I have a minor toe malaise.

Part of it might be that I had a few injuries this year ( weird knee situation, bursted thumb knuckle thingy, and a tail bone incident).

The other part could be my equipment.

Size 10 rainbow flip flops. The nylon ones.

Bare feet.

When I stubbed my toe, I thought: Gee! This hurts! However, I just kept walking on it. Heck, I’ve been walking on it since the injury.

My question is: should I just risk getting stubbed toes by continuing to walk with flip flops and bare feet. Or should I just wear shoes all the time?

Veterano

Aug 29, 2013
Get slaps one size too big, equals a bumper to protect toes.
Having said that, wearing (good) shoes for your walk in will help your knees, back AND toes.

cuda

Aug 23, 2007
this happened to someone I know once. I say take it back to your shaper - clearly they must of misunderstood how well you can walk. Get your money back or if you like them ask for them to redo the project at cost(seems only fair)
Should be an easy fix it the shaper is worth their salt.
After that I recommend avoiding using flex fins for at least 6months. No matter what it's not your fault. You deserve better.
have a good one
please wear sunblock
watch out for sharks

Nilus

Jun 30, 2008
I thought you were good at manipulating digits? Still, here's my advice ...

If your right (or left) toe causes you to stumble, cut it off,
and throw it away from you. For it is more profitable
for you that one of your members should perish, than
for your whole body to be cast into Tarzana.

PeakMaster

Feb 15, 2004
USA New Jersey CMC
Don't assume it's not broken I stubbed mine on a marble bathroom threshold and thought it was just an ouch...fuck!! But it was problematic for months...still is. I regret not seeing a good foot ankle guy immediately. It still acts up more than a year later. I still might. You should too.

PeakMaster

Feb 15, 2004
USA New Jersey CMC
this happened to someone I know once. I say take it back to your shaper - clearly they must of misunderstood how well you can walk. Get your money back or if you like them ask for them to redo the project at cost(seems only fair)
Should be an easy fix it the shaper is worth their salt.
After that I recommend avoiding using flex fins for at least 6months. No matter what it's not your fault. You deserve better.
have a good one
please wear sunblock
watch out for sharks

Yeah...im still working on that sunblock thing. I get lectured all of the time...wife, Dr. Daughter, etc... I don't get burned so I ignore it.

miscreant

May 20, 2016
Solid advice gents. Good looking out. I’ll take all of this into consideration.

Vet, I tried the one size bigger idea. I kept tripping as that extra bit up there didn’t match my walking style.

The walking backwards idea. Gold. I’m going to give that a whirl.

Freddibetts

May 7, 2015
USA New York
Problem solved bro