Stoker V Machine

Discussion in 'Surfing' started by Guest, Jan 16, 2012.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

Took the Stoker out in wind blown crap and still ripped. Effortless round house cutbacks and take off as easy a longboard.

Great alternative when I don't feel like logging.

[​IMG]

2. pilau

pilau Well-Known Member

Jul 9, 2009
    USA Hawaii
    I'm jealous! I really want one of those. Sick mid-length action.

3. soul_glide

soul_glide Active Member

Jan 1, 2005
    USA New Jersey
    Dims please! And what are you used to riding?

4. Guest

Guest Guest

7'8" 23.5 w 3.5 thick. I ride Volan Pigs and Logs that are at least 35 pounds.

5. soul_glide

soul_glide Active Member

Jan 1, 2005
    USA New Jersey
    Is yours a STD, WIDE or SUPERWIDE?
    "The formula for STD, WIDE, & SUPERWIDE allow riders of varying weight and ability to consider making/riding a board in different lengths. Rather than just looking at the design primarily in WHAT LENGTH YOU NEED, one should begin to consider what OVERALL AREA the board design can deliver. We are now producing variations that will range from 4'6" to 8'0" with some limited demand for 8'1" to 8'6". You had asked about flotation, and we have younger riders wighing 170 thru190 lbs on 6'6" boards that are outpaddling logs. There are a lot of older surfers opting for the 7'6"x23"x3 to 3-1/4" size instead of being resigned to a 9' to 10' longboard without complaining about loss of wave catchng ability. They also remark that the boards don't "drag thru the water as much" as logs."

http://www2.swaylocks.com/forums/stoker-v-machine?page=30
    Also, did you spec the dims, or did Bruce decide based on your height/weight/ability? Just curious about the decision process.

6. Guest

Guest Guest

I bought unwaxed and unridden off Craigs List. The seller was the same height and weight as me. 6'1", 210, and muscular.

Lucky me! I have the best luck with CL.

7. Fubar

Fubar Member

Jul 21, 2005
    Cambridge, MA
    Muscular? Tell me more.

Seriously, though. How pronounced is the V bottom?

8. Macilious

Macilious Active Member

Jun 15, 2010
    Looks like there is 7'on CL in LA.

http://losangeles.craigslist.org/wst/spo/2803196425.html

9. Guest

Guest Guest

The v bottom is pronounced as you can see the ridge 1/4 up the tail. Allows for fast rail to rail.

600 for a used one is a rip off. New ones go for 720.

10. KevinJ

KevinJ New Member

Sep 18, 2008
    USA Florida
    soul_glide wrote:
    Just pulled the trigger over the weekend and ordered a 7'6" Wide. Talked to Bruce about how I surf, the boards I currently surf, what type of waves I intend on using the board for, age/ht/wt. He told me a 7'2" would meet my needs but suggested if I want a board that will get into waves as early as my LB, go with the 7'6" Wide. Was lucky enough to also get some feedback from some current owners and decided on the 7'6" Wide.

Looking forward to getting STOKED!