Stoker V machine - Fowler or Anderson?

Discussion in 'Surfing' started by newlyn, Oct 29, 2017.

1. Bruce Fowler

Bruce Fowler Well-Known Member

Jul 28, 2018
    California
    Craig got this board a couple weeks ago and loves the ride. It was originally a 6'8" for Derek.
    I told him to check the boards @ Wave Front and to consider a 6'6". He opted for the 6'8" but thinks he should've gone with the 6'6 even tho' he loves the 6'8".

I told him I'd post his contact for anyone wanting to get hold of him so he can order a 6'6" asap.

He's down in the Huntington Beach area. CRAIG S. 6'8" NVM 2020.jpg

cstauber@gmail.com

Thunder Chicken and DanSan like this.
  2. DanSan

DanSan Well-Known Member

Jun 7, 2012
    Soquel,CA
    How come ypu never offer me these pretty colors..design bruce???

Oh yeah
    .i like boring all white boards..
    Nevermind..ha

3. Artz

Artz Well-Known Member

Nov 22, 2018
    Florida
    Thought y’all got that fancy yeller surfing board.

4. Bruce Fowler

Jul 28, 2018
    California
    Since this thread has become more of an all purpose thread, deviating heavily since its inception, let's just accept that and run with it. Here is what might have gone into a BF's Broken Boards, Broken Hearts Column.

...and so it begins:
    -------------------------------------------------
    Hello Bruce,

I'm emailing you in hopes that you are taking new orders as my V8 Lean Machine sadly broke three days ago. I was camping down in San Clemente and had planned to surf it at San O but plans changed and I found myself at San Clemente State Beach with the family instead. Though the conditions probably called for a smaller board it still looked fun and I was able to get into the waves early and then kick out. Unfortunately I got caught inside, I tried to get under a wave with my board behind me. Terrible, terrible decision. I came up and the wave must have broke right on the board. So here I am looking to order another board since the thought of moving on in life without this V8 is beyond comprehension. Broken board pics attached.

I was the third owner of the V8 mentioned above. The number on the board is 26759 and the dims are 7'6" x 23 1/2" x 2 11/16" It looks like a clear glassing but the previous owner said it's actually a very light tint of beige which is evident along the rails. I've also attached a pic for reference.

A bit about myself, I'm 6'1" and 178lbs. I surf 3-4 times a week at LA/South Bay beach breaks. The V8 fit in my quiver between a 6'8" double ender quad and a 9'6" single fin longboard. The most fun I've had on it were on waist high days. The day it broke the swell was shoulder head high. What I love about the V8 is the ability to surf it and turn it from the middle of the board. I ran it with a 10" Greenough 4A fin all the way up front in the box. The ease at which it turns is like nothing I'd ever ridden. If i take a step towards the nose, the tail stays engaged. I also dig how it can just cruise or get down the line with speed if needed.

With all this being said, I'd love to order a board directly from you if possible as well as some info on your ordering and shipping process. A board with the same dims and glassing (maybe some color) would be ideal but I'm open to your thoughts on adjustments based on my size or other considerations.

Thanks,
    Lance

BROKEN BFV8 LANCE 2020.JPG

5. DanSan

DanSan Well-Known Member

Jun 7, 2012
    Soquel,CA
    I actually sent it to another jammer..in santa cruz..so to be neighbor..
    I need to go bigger ..longer for awhile

6. Bruce Fowler

Jul 28, 2018
    California
    Understood.
    Bubba in Ventura had instant love with his 10 ft. Mega NVM while Andy is trying to find the right fin(s) setup and sweet spot. Haven't gotten a ride report from another 10 footer that was sent back east last year.

I'm getting geared up to mow out some 8'0" to 9'0" Mega's for Wave Front and maybe Surf Country in Go Go Goleta and possibly CCS in SLO. Gotta stay busy hunkered down in my shaping room away from the pandemic fray....

Artz and DanSan like this.
  7. Artz

Artz Well-Known Member

Nov 22, 2018
    Florida
    How long was that yellow Board?

8. Bonzourno

Bonzourno Active Member

Sep 29, 2018
    Capitola
  9. Artz

Artz Well-Known Member

Nov 22, 2018
    Florida
    Thanks. Have a ride report on that Board?

10. Bonzourno

Bonzourno Active Member

Sep 29, 2018
    Capitola
    Not yet......unfortunately we’re having pancake-like conditions. Report doesn’t look too promising either. I’ll post something once I get a few rides in.

Artz likes this.