Stoke

Discussion in 'Surfing' started by nedsurf, May 15, 2019.

1. nedsurf

nedsurf Well-Known Member

Jan 22, 2005
    Here is a guy that I respect. Glenn is out in all weather, usually wears duct tape around his knees to keep them stable, has been hitting it for years, goes for the good and bad stuff but he's always there. Would get no respect from most of the people that don't know him because he can hardly paddle, he's old, he takes a minute or two to pop up, but every day he gets a few good ones, and every day he is out working for it. Picture is from a few years ago. Keep surfing Glenn!

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 16, 2019
  2. Knots

Knots Active Member

Oct 19, 2008
    USA Southern New Jersey
    Keep surfing indeed!
    Thanks for sharing amigo.
    Aloha

3. Artz

Artz Active Member

Nov 22, 2018
    Florida
    Inspiration

4. Dawnpatrol

Dawnpatrol Well-Known Member

May 7, 2006
    PNW
    Don. I believe I have seen this guy go out at four doors every time I have been out there?

One core gentleman for not allowing the passion to die!

5. Killafornia

Killafornia Active Member

Oct 1, 2009
    Glenn and his wife. Love when he gets a wave.

6. robsawyer

robsawyer Member

Mar 2, 2012
    Bi-Coastal
    You can always count on two things at San O. A crowd at Old Mans and Glenn at four doors or the point. Great post. He is full of stoke.

7. takedown

takedown Active Member

Jun 26, 2017
    Eugene, OR
    Rock on Glenn. I hope to be surfing with the same determination even when my body is giving up.

8. Left Coast 46

Left Coast 46 Active Member

Apr 30, 2015
    So Cal
    Glenn is the man! It takes a bit to get him going, but when he does.... If he paddles for it, I always back off.. Nice guy in and out of the water

shadydave and Dawnpatrol like this.
  9. Couch

Couch Active Member

Mar 18, 2018
    Santa Barbara
    Nice....hope I can have that look on his face still when I get there! Hope the folks at his spot give him some good ones....

Couch

10. Dawnpatrol

Dawnpatrol Well-Known Member

May 7, 2006
    PNW
    You sir are a scholar and a gentleman exhibiting what surfing is all about! Kudos to ya!

BTW, I do not know Glen but I recognize him at four doors. Saw him a couple of weeks ago. When I saw him hunched over walking down the beach over the rocks down to the water I cringed knowing this guy was in pain. Always a smile on his face! We're probably the same age? And seeing him really puts my aches and pains to shame.