South Bay scoops?

Murph

Feb 17, 2004
USA California
Just a quick shout out for Rancho Palos Verdes. It's quiet, beautiful, great schools (PV high has its own state of the art shaping room) and some decent places to surf.

joeblackuz

Apr 15, 2005
San pedro has some pretty hood parts. Its isolated though. Where is your buddy going to work?

Ted no disrespect to westchester, I have tons of buddies who live there, but the projects on airpot and la tijera are kind of gross. over by Loyola is $$$ but swanky swanky. Cant beat Randy's!!!! How did you get your kids to be eagles?

Komaiaboyz

Apr 27, 2008
Rancho Palos Verdes I would equate to Manoa or Nuuanu, nice part of south bay. Torrance, I would compare to Kaimuki or maybe Alewa Heights Nice bedroom community. San Pedro I think is still working class neighborhood but has some bright spots compare to Kapahulu area?
Beach towns, Hermosa, Redondo, Manhattan are all nice areas too, has good and bad. Maybe compare to windward side. Sadly, there is no comparison to Waimanalo in the SOuth Bay.
New York, Paris, Waimanalo

pilau

Jul 9, 2009
USA Hawaii
Komaiaboyz wrote:
Rancho Palos Verdes I would equate to Manoa or Nuuanu, nice part of south bay. Torrance, I would compare to Kaimuki or maybe Alewa Heights Nice bedroom community. San Pedro I think is still working class neighborhood but has some bright spots compare to Kapahulu area?
Beach towns, Hermosa, Redondo, Manhattan are all nice areas too, has good and bad. Maybe compare to windward side. Sadly, there is no comparison to Waimanalo in the SOuth Bay.
New York, Paris, Waimanalo
Golden. This is exactly what I was looking for. Perfectly translated for da local braddah. And yes, Waimanalo is beautiful. Especially in the back by the mountain. Truly god's country.

icecreamheadache

Jan 14, 2006
A few points. Great last paragraph Pilau. Chaz Smith is such a twat (in England they make fun of us for saying twat as "tuh-wa-hut" when it is clearly "Twa-at") but man that motherfucker is the best writer surfing ever created. Even better than those hokey old Dave Parmenter stories. Or those ones in the old Surfer mags (when it was thick, owned by surfers and not that shitey Source Interlink scientologist death cult) where they talked about eating acid and drawing lines in the barrel based on what the colors were doing. Because anyone who's ever surfed on acid. or mescaline. or psilocybin. or DMT. or datura knows that the colors are the best part about surfing and without them you would never bother yourself to paddle out. ever.

anyhow, what were we talking about? oh yeah. hawaiian independence and the ends justifying the means. i think y'all gotta get all Basque seperatist on us mainlanders, nailbombs and all. After how the US Supreme fucking court fucked y'all out of native american tribal recognition in spite of the fact that genetically hawaiians are the most cognizable indigenous group in the occupied US, y'all got a right to blow some shit up. Even if it's just Eddie kicking the WCT (ASP? whatever fucking acronym that tour uses these days) the fuck off your islands, more power to ya. I will never step foot on Hawaiian soil, never cloud your lineups with my goofy stance and peckerwood prison look- at least until y'all get reparations and all your islands put back into indigenous hands. So in the meantime, should y'all start getting all IRA bomb happy on the haoles, surf yuppies and Japs just holler at I and I and we'll be there in Federal Court on Temple Street arguing y'all are prisoners of war and therefore not subject to the lame ass USC statutes nor jurisdiction of this dying empire.

Anyhow, so what were we talking about? Machiavelli. That Tupac nome de guere? Naw. 'Pac was silly on his best days. Oh yeah, ends and means and Eddie slaps. All good things. Hope you're getting some out there. It's flat as fuck here but Surflies told the world it was 3-5' today and the entire fucking human race tried to paddle out at C Street...

pilau

Jul 9, 2009
USA Hawaii
I love you man.

Wasn't tupac a dancer in Digital Underground? I could swear I read that somewhere.

They got a similar thread going on the erBB if you wade through the muck over there. Title is something like "well alright". I was jabbering away at a caffinated morning reply in that one and it hit me that the asp is treating the north shore like them fancy French in that Marie antoinette movie. I love Sofia Coppola as a director. I don't think she ruined the Godfather III but am probably all alone in that regard. So I was thinking maybe Mr. Rothman (my iPhone tries to auto correct that to "rot man") can be their Napoleon? He might just fit the part in more ways than one. I think we're aligned in our reactionary thought but you've chosen the Sinn Fein analogy which is more timely and punk rock. Touché good sir.

I did postulate that the marriage between the asp and hawaii might be like that of mr. and mrs. Tony Montana. I think its time for a divorce. End the tour somewhere else.

We have waves but the wind has been tricky. Warm water first world problems. Should be good this weekend. You are always welcome at my house if you choose to venture over. My wife has the blood born right to be here so maybe we can sneak you under the fence.

pintail

Feb 19, 2004
LA, California
icecreamheadache wrote:
Surflies told the world it was 3-5' today and the entire f#%king human race tried to paddle out at C Street...
Happens every time. Whenever they hype it up, a crowd forms even when it's obvious that the swell is elsewhere or nowhere. C Street looked ridiculous this morning.