SOLD! (LAST NEW 12' Munoz Ultra Glide)

glidewaves

Jul 9, 2007
USA New Jersey,Maryland
I have an incredible Hank Warner 11’ glider with a full 3” of balsa stringer. It’s heavy glassed and when it gets going nothing can stop it. In a word it’s pure momentum. Problem is lugging that behemoth around with my aging ass isn’t getting any easier. Enter the opportunity for this graying member to acquire same for those days when I’m feeling a bit, shall we say, lazy at a fraction of the weight. Where else and how much would that cost?

Outside

Dec 12, 2021
Garden City, NY
For comparison, the 11' Carbon Munoz weighs 16 lbs. The first generation versions were noticeably heavier than this, but still much lighter than any of my hand shaped 11' boards. I'll usually carry them down to the coves on my head and it makes a difference.

Last edited:

Outside

Dec 12, 2021
Garden City, NY
I was holding on to the last of my light blue-grey 12' Mickey Munoz Surftechs for a friend for a while as he evaluated a recently purchased board, and he just decided that he wont need this one. Unridden, perfect, original fins and stickers in the vinyl sleeves and black mesh bag that it was factory shipped with, and a 12' DaKine padded bag. It's been sitting in a time vault since they first became available. Cant go back to the 1990's without the DeLorean but this is the next best thing. If you havent tried one of these boards, they'll catch everything except Monkey Pox. New cost was $1300+ and another $300+ shipping from West to East Coast. Board and bag $1700.

Last edited:

Anthony Falco III

Oct 31, 2020
Long Beach, NY
I was holding on to the last of my light blue-grey 12' Mickey Munoz Surftechs for a friend for a while as he evaluated a recently purchased board, and he just decided that he wont need this one. Unridden, perfect, original fins and stickers in the vinyl sleeves and black mesh bag that it was factory shipped with, and a 12' DaKine padded bag. It's been sitting in a time vault since they first became available. Cant go back to the 1990's without the DeLorean but this is the next best thing. If you havent tried one of these boards, they'll catch everything except Monkey Pox. New cost was $1300+ and another $300+ shipping from West to East Coast. Board and bag $1700.
Hey Tom. I have a buddy who is interested in this board. Can you send this to me in FB and I’ll set you guys up on a meet?

Outside

Dec 12, 2021
Garden City, NY
Give him my #, I'll PM it to you now. Thanks Anthony. Very happy that you're enjoying yours. BTW, I'm not on FaceBook, In fact I deleted my email accounts from my BlackBerry (Hey, Old boards, Old cars, Old guy, what did you expect?) Now I can check emails at home in the morning, and again after work, rather than experience the Pavlovian response to hearing alerts all day. -Dr.Tom

Last edited:

Outside

Dec 12, 2021
Garden City, NY
THE LAST brand new 12'Munoz is still available.

Griffy

Apr 22, 2018
Massachusetts
I told myself I had aged out of surfing but this one is tempting. One of the best days I had on a big hurricane swell was on a borrowed 12' Munoz Surftech and I hated
Surftechs. An incredible wave catcher with amazing glide. So much fun. GLWTS