Sold 9’6” Ryan Lovelace Re Bowls Price Reduction $800 w/fin

Discussion in 'Longboard Surf Buy/Sell/Trade' started by WillieP, May 21, 2020.

1. WillieP

WillieP Member

Oct 22, 2016
    South Carolina
    9’6” Ryan Lovelace Re Bowls, 22-5/8” wide x 3-1/8” thick, foiled rails, 6 oz glass bottom, double 6 oz glass deck, deck and tail patch, resin tint, sanded gloss finish. Mint condition, ridden 3 times no dings or pressure dents. This board was shaped by Ryan in NJ. Selling because I have too many similar shapes around this size and at least one has to go. Will include a Lovelace 8-1/2” or 9” Greenough 4 (a) fin. Also note price reduction. Need to make room for pent up COVID board purchases!!!

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 22, 2020
  2. DanSan

DanSan Well-Known Member

Jun 7, 2012
    USA California
    Dang...ive seen the bigger thick lizzy..
    But always wondered bout a bigger vbolws/rbowls..
    If only was visting the inlaws in jax bch.
    I think id grab this..

3. Bodhi

Bodhi Active Member

Aug 6, 2018
    RI
    That shed just keeps on giving!

4. WillieP

WillieP Member

Oct 22, 2016
    South Carolina
    A friend of mine got one last summer and took it to Nova Scotia and rode it during the September swells and loved it so I got one. I also got a 9’10’ Vaquero and a 9’8” Honey Badger around the same time so have had difficulty riding them all as much as I should.

DanSan likes this.
  5. fluidworks

fluidworks Member

Dec 1, 2019
    San Luis Obispo, CA
    How do you like that Vaquero that size? Never ridden one bigger than 8' and I've always been curious. Boards of that size I typically surf are typical logs/ noseriders/ etc.

6. DanSan

DanSan Well-Known Member

Jun 7, 2012
    USA California
    I understand..that too well..
    Im in this spot..almost.. in the 8-8.6 range..

7. Freddibetts

Freddibetts Well-Known Member

May 7, 2015
    USA New York
    can you post up a ride report - curious about this size

8. WillieP

WillieP Member

Oct 22, 2016
    South Carolina
    I love it and can ride it in anything. Marc actually said his favorite size for the Vaquero for an all around board was 9’10”. I am about the same age as him so I got one. I also have some Mitsven and Mabile magic/egg shapes in the 9’6” 10’ range and love them as well. One major reason they work for me is I surf at a break dominated by longboards so it is really difficult, for me at least, to catch waves from the outside. The other is I ride 11’ gliders a lot so the magic/egg are easier to transition to for me. To me they are kind of like a cross between a performance longboard and a glider as the low rocker allows them to trim really well. They also make really good travel boards for beach and point breaks. All that said, I still ride mid lengths from 7’10” - 8’10” at our short board break. I am searching for a board in this range I can ride with the long boarders but have not found it yet.

9. WillieP

WillieP Member

Oct 22, 2016
    South Carolina
    See my reply to fluidworks above in regard to size of these type of boards. I really didn’t ride the Re Bowls enough or in any kind of wave to give a ride report although it is a little thinner and more foiled than my other boards which are 3-1/4” - 3-1/2” thick.

10. shadydave

shadydave Well-Known Member

Mar 10, 2014
    Ayer Ma USA
    Message sent

Griffy likes this.