So how many surfboards are too many surfboards?

CantDecide

Oct 19, 2020
USA
If I’m being honest, for me the answer is probably 3. I’d do a 10’ eagle, a 9’ Drifter/FS and something mid to low 9’, some sort of egg-ish shape. That gives you three different lengths, outlines, bottom contours and tails. You can also mix and match a bunch of different fin set ups in there.

I should probably stick to my own advice and sell some of the current quiver to actually get to what I know is the right answer.

CantDecide

Oct 19, 2020
USA
I am really enjoying this thread immensely. Mostly for 2 reasons, first because I never realized how many philosophical surfers we have out there. And second because I now realize i have some serious board issues.
Yours truly,
Totally unrepented board whore.
David, I think you need to thin the quiver and work through some of those issues. I’ll help you out - I’ll take that green fish-y thing you have. I think some guy “Harry” or someone shaped it? I think that’s his name? Lemme know.

DKNJ

Mar 20, 2016
Ocean, NJ
David, I think you need to thin the quiver and work through some of those issues. I’ll help you out - I’ll take that green fish-y thing you have. I think some guy “Harry” or someone shaped it? I think that’s his name? Lemme know.
Your altruism is touching & I greatly appreciate you trying to help me work through my issues. I think as a 1st step, we should try some group therapy… salt water therapy. “The ocean washes everything clean”.

CantDecide

Oct 19, 2020
USA
Your altruism is touching & I greatly appreciate you trying to help me work through my issues. I think as a 1st step, we should try some group therapy… salt water therapy. “The ocean washes everything clean”.
Thank you for your kind words. That’s a deal.

Sax-son

Nov 23, 2019
High Sierras, CA
Many times we are tempted into buying another board if we feel that our surfing skills are lacking, thinking that will take care of problem. One has to find the right one and stick with it. I have surfed many different boards and I keep coming back to the same kind of boards. I have been riding those same or same type of shapes for the last 25 years. At some point you're going to have to realize that this is as good as it's going to get.

Last edited: