So Cal Toyota Sienna for sale

Discussion in 'Surfing' started by Ticowannabe, Dec 8, 2019.

1. Ticowannabe

Ticowannabe Well-Known Member

Apr 25, 2012
    Hey Jammers, My dad is 93 and selling his 2005 Sienna XLE LTD with 90k old guy miles. It lives in La Quinta and other than golf clubs its had nothing in it so its in great shape and well maintained. I will be in town dec 19 to 28 to help him show it. Will be busy with the holidays and all the stuff we need to do while in country so if you are interested and serious and can get together during that time frame PM me. no actual photos because he just got the bug to sell but here are comps https://www.kbb.com/cars-for-sale/c...=75&atcmakecode=toyota&atcmodelcode=all&nr=25
    thanks
    tico

2. newlyn

newlyn Active Member

Jul 20, 2013
    USA Pennsylvania
    If it has the folding tray in the front and captain's chairs, that is a perfect surf van. A 10 foot board slides right down the middle. Even though my wife and I now have much newer rides, I held onto her '06 Sienna just to use as my surf van.

Unfortunately I have to park it on the street and it got side-swiped recently, but thankfully I still had collision coverage on it.

3. Ricksurfin

Ricksurfin Well-Known Member

Jun 9, 2019
    San Clemente, CA
    How much are you asking, and what color? I have a coworker looking for a van, and I’ll pass it along.
    Thanks, Rick

4. Ticowannabe

Ticowannabe Well-Known Member

Apr 25, 2012
    hey Rick,
    trying to get exact color from my dad, not easy...it is something like the Desert sand mica or the silver shadow pearl https://www.carsdirect.com/2005/toyota/sienna/colors..... in the link of comps i sent in first post check out the XLE and XLE Ltd models in your zip code... i would say they come in around the 8k or so... the lower XLE model https://www.kbb.com/cars-for-sale/5...cmakecode=toyota&atcmodelcode=all&nr=25please PM if he's interested. the vehicle is in Bermuda Dunes and my dad cant use text or photos or the computer so i may not be able to get pics for a while but could probably work out showing it with him and his GF.

Last edited: Dec 9, 2019
  5. Ricksurfin

Jun 9, 2019
    San Clemente, CA
    Passing info on. Thanks

6. takedown

takedown Active Member

Jun 26, 2017
    Eugene, OR
    He speaks the truth! Can go 10' down the middle or 11'+ if you recline the passenger front seat (they fold flat forward).

Just took mine on a solo road trip to Sacramento and Santa Cruz. Boards down the middle, inflatable bed in the back, worked out really nicely.

7. Ricksurfin

Jun 9, 2019
    San Clemente, CA
    He said he’s interested, but will wait until you can get some pictures. (If it doesn’t sell first)

8. SdSurferguy

SdSurferguy Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2006
    USA
    I blab about this all the time, but our 2001 Sienna is amazing. 215k+ miles and still going strong with no major engine/transmission problems. It can fit 11'+ boards, 10'2 down the middle. It can haul a full size couch with the seats out. The engine (3.0 I think?) is powerful enough to easily cruise up the grapevine at 80mph.

Tico (John) is a good guy to deal with. If our family Sienna wasn't still going strong I'd be all over this one.

sightpoint likes this.
  9. sightpoint

sightpoint Well-Known Member

Jan 28, 2014
    2' and onshore
    I have a 2004 and it's by far the best car I've ever owned. Camp in it, put big boards in it, great turning radius, good gas mileage, engine that won't quit. Someone is going to be very happy with this.

10. Ricksurfin

Jun 9, 2019
    San Clemente, CA
    Hell, maybe I want it now. Sorry coworker. Lol

Thomas Morra and sightpoint like this.