Skip Frye Twinzer for sale NYC

JBorbone

Oct 18, 2017
Belmar, NJ
Trying to help you out here @Iceberg.

If you're following recent Skip sales, two VERY clean 10fters sold in FL last week for 1500 each, a very clean longfish sold on LA a few weeks back for less than 1K, I bought the mini-eagle in SD a few weeks back for 650, a mint condition squaretail with blue pinlines sold in NJ a few months back for 1400, a mint condition eagle sold in Delaware a few months ago for 800, the 70s K model for sale in SD (better condition than twinzer) has been listed for 1400 for NEARLY A YEAR and hasn't sold yet. Even Omar's Gypsy that sold for $900 a few months ago was WAY cleaner than this.

The fair market value of this twinzer is between 800 and 1200 (optimistically) unless you're very willing to pack it up and ship it overseas. If you're interested in getting around 2k for it I recommend posting it on the Vintage Surfboard Collectors Facebook page where lots of wealthy Australian collectors would likely pay about 2k for it as long as you're willing to pack it up and ship it. Also, lots of Japanese collectors buy highly prices boards on eBay so that'd also be a good alternative.

I think there are plenty of Jammers who would be willing to pay the real market value for your board, but I think Facebook groups and eBay are great alternative if you'd like to get north of 1500 for it.

shadydave

Mar 10, 2014
Ayer Ma USA
As I have learned there is an ass for every seat so who knows,But I do agree with Johnny. I recently purchased a vintage G&S Skip model which in my opinion should be pulling in more $ than his new ones, but they certainly don’t seem to. :eek:

306Bing

Oct 1, 2015
OCNJ
I wanted to preserve the integrity of the post with pictures since they will disappear from CL once the 3K is paid

SeniorGrom

Mar 20, 2012
USA New Jersey
Crack seems to be more readily available in Nyc/LA. As I said very provincial areas where people are our intellectual superiors. This is Jamboards not Brooklyn. Where is Roy Stewart? As I remember, he made things with his own hands.

SeniorGrom

Mar 20, 2012
USA New Jersey
I re-read the thread and my posts to decide if I had been too harsh to our fellow forum member. Nope spot on evaluation, except I now realize there could be lead poisoning involved from eating old trim paint in the swanky NY storage space. Yes it’s a Frye in crappy condition and Skip did use a pencil to draw on it. Do your next photo shoot in the Hamptons for more credibility.

Veterano

Aug 29, 2013
I'd like to buy this dumpster fare and burn it up on vid in a satanic ceremony and post on all social media.
Mind you, just to make a point. Call it performance art.