Skateboard Cruiser Recommendation

Discussion in 'Surfing' started by Rinconryder, Aug 1, 2019.

1. Rinconryder

Rinconryder Active Member

Nov 30, 2015
    I asked my wife for a cruiser for my birthday. Nothing too big or long and something that carves nicely to ride around my neighborhood. I know that "Carver" is popular but wanting to know what else I should be looking at. Thanks for any help.

2. SDBoardHoarder

SDBoardHoarder Active Member

Sep 28, 2018
    San Diego
    Get one from @dingpatch, couldn’t be happier with mine!
    EE0F82A4-DD3E-40D0-A201-509E63D34E33.jpeg 74BB3777-C320-4B27-806D-D0204415DE5A.jpeg

JMJackFish and Flip756 like this.
  3. davey

davey Active Member

Jun 9, 2007
    Australia
    I love the Carver trucks, the Koastal boards are pretty good too..

4. Surfnfish

Surfnfish Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2015
    Devils Lake, Oregon Coast
    Last edited: Aug 1, 2019
  5. dingpatch

dingpatch Well-Known Member

Apr 2, 2014
    Florida USA
    I was going to do some glue-ups but I got distracted with fins. Got all the woods cut and ready to go

6. surflax

surflax Active Member

Mar 11, 2007
    USA Pennsylvania
    What ever deck you get, go for the carver trucks. Make sure you use the risers and test for wheel bite. These trucks have totally changed the game for me. I use them at skate parks and bowls. So much fun!!

7. glider_boy

glider_boy Active Member

Apr 14, 2011
    SD
    What surflax said. With Carvers you can pump the board for speed, plus the front end drifts a bit while the back end is locked in, very similar to the way a surfboard rotates around the fins. CX or C7 are both great and have a similar feel. Pair with any kick-tail equipped board (single or double) of your preference and big cruiser wheels. I dig Carvers with a 40" +/- deck for cruising, but basically anything 27" -42" will work depending on how you want to ride it.

8. jbb

jbb Well-Known Member

Mar 17, 2010
    Southern California
    I've got a rad G&S Fiberflex that i would happily loan to you.

9. Walnuts

Walnuts Member

Mar 25, 2018
    Long Beach, NY
    Plus one on the carvers. I love mine (CI pod mod model). The trucks really do mimic surfing in my opinion and it’s fun to see how far you can get by pumping alone. They also have a “garage” section on their website if you’re on a budget, can pick up blemish items for a discount.

10. ekim

ekim Active Member

Oct 14, 2015
    Careful with those "Longboards". They go really fast if your bombing hills. I ride a standard size board with the white colored bushings for heavy riders and bones ATV wheels which are great on the street. Those pump parks are a lot of fun!