Single Fins suggestions for Hullish Shapes

TheSurfingFarmer

Nov 29, 2022
North Carolina
Would love to get everyone’s opinion on Single fins they’ve had success with when surfing Hull shaped boards. I just bought a 7’6 Outlier and need to fix some dings before getting it in the water. Outlier isn’t a true Hull I guess but it does seem to have a lot of foam and width upfront.

I am in NC so it’s all beach breaks and I know the board does best in a pocket. It came with a 8.5 Skip Frye. I just ordered a 9.5 Parallax. Any thoughts on other fins that would work well in EC waves?

surf1ng

Jan 22, 2022
rAdelaide AU
Welcome @TheSurfingFarmer.

This Outlier thread also has some fin discussion from owners. You’ll just need wade through it to find the fin mentions

You’re on the money with the Parallax fin I believe. In the Outlier related videos that I have seen, CJ mentions using either the Parallax fin or his Involvement fin (G10 material) in the Outlier depending on conditions.

Look forward to hearing how you go.

jory

Dec 25, 2005
United Kingdom

This Outlier thread also has some fin discussion from owners. You’ll just need wade through it to find the fin mentions

You’re on the money with the Parallax fin I believe. In the Outlier related videos that I have seen, CJ mentions using either the Parallax fin or his Involvement fin (G10 material) in the Outlier depending on conditions.

This.....

I messaged CJ when I got my outlier a few years ago. He said L-flex if you can’t get hold of his parallax / involvement fin

TheSurfingFarmer

Nov 29, 2022
North Carolina

Thank you. Will check out the G10 version of the Involvement. Been eyeing a lot of stuff during Black Friday. Trying to hide the credit card bill from the wife.

Members online