SIDEWALK SURFING- discussions

surflax

Mar 11, 2007
USA Pennsylvania
8ft and smooth is all I've been getting lately lotsa fun with carvers set up on a Pool King deck

Attachments

• bowl pic.jpg
    bowl pic.jpg
    52 KB · Views: 17

Chilly Willy

Feb 15, 2004
USA New Jersey
8ft and smooth is all I've been getting lately lotsa fun with carvers set up on a Pool King deck

Nice, I've been seeing lots of Pool Kings lately. I recognize that bowl -- I've been eyeballing it as a potential stop next time I'm in the area. Looks fun! How's that other bowl with the brick coping?

surflax

Mar 11, 2007
USA Pennsylvania
the pic is from the Patrick Kerr skatepark in roslyn/abington. Its fun. The smaller bowl is very tight. Feel like they tried to do too much in a tight space. Can't complain as its minutes from home and At my age I'm staying well below the coping and just trying to get thru sessions without crashing. Board seems to be working well with carver CX trucks. Its a nice stable platform think its 34 3/4x10 1/4, down south stinger model. Guys there were great contacted them despite listed as sold out, they had a couple blems/seconds around and hooked me up. Have green Star Trac Kryptonics on it but would like some new wheels, and suggestions appreciated.

Chilly Willy

Feb 15, 2004
USA New Jersey
the pic is from the Patrick Kerr skatepark in roslyn/abington. Its fun. The smaller bowl is very tight. Feel like they tried to do too much in a tight space. Can't complain as its minutes from home and At my age I'm staying well below the coping and just trying to get thru sessions without crashing. Board seems to be working well with carver CX trucks. Its a nice stable platform think its 34 3/4x10 1/4, down south stinger model. Guys there were great contacted them despite listed as sold out, they had a couple blems/seconds around and hooked me up. Have green Star Trac Kryptonics on it but would like some new wheels, and suggestions appreciated.

Nice -- I knew I recognized it. Looks really fun, hope to get there sometime soon! Is there something in particular you are hoping to improve upon with new wheels? Everyone in my area is vibing on Alva Conicals (59mm -- probably too small for what you're doing). The design is supposed to minimize hangups -- so if you do happen to hit the coping, the beveled inner edge rolls right over it. You can barely feel the bump. Along those lines, my Slide surfskate has 65mm/78A wheels that are conical on both sides, feel incredibly smooth, and cover a lot of ground pretty effortlessly.

The Alvas:
AlvaConicals.jpg

longboardkook

Jun 19, 2020
Denver, ColoRADo
Nice -- I knew I recognized it. Looks really fun, hope to get there sometime soon! Is there something in particular you are hoping to improve upon with new wheels? Everyone in my area is vibing on Alva Conicals (59mm -- probably too small for what you're doing). The design is supposed to minimize hangups -- so if you do happen to hit the coping, the beveled inner edge rolls right over it. You can barely feel the bump. Along those lines, my Slide surfskate has 65mm/78A wheels that are conical on both sides, feel incredibly smooth, and cover a lot of ground pretty effortlessly.

The Alvas:
View attachment 34454
Sick pic!!!

Chilly Willy

Feb 15, 2004
USA New Jersey
Just to keep this going.... I learnt bluntsides........

Hey @jory, checking out your IG and absolutely loving your Neil Blender tribute deck!!! What size is that, 9 something? I've been keeping my eyes peeled in case G&S releases more of their modified Blender reissue since that board has resonated with me since I was a kid. Nice taste in trucks too.

Members online