SIDEWALK SURFING- discussions

ShipFixer

May 31, 2021
San Diego
New skate deck that's probably my new favorite - Kai Lenny's signature 34" Carver, but with my Yow clone trucks on it. Here it is next to my 32.5" Blacktip. Has the same deep concaves, but its a lot wider and really only a bit longer (half inch wheelbase).
4BA7BDF3-9A73-43C8-891D-83F1647AEF62.jpeg
36C03B4C-D642-432C-961E-051603A13D6E.jpeg
6A9ECFE4-A55E-4B4B-8260-9616D1FE911D.jpeg

I still love the Blacktip but the width of the Kai Lenny board feels reeeeeaaally goood.

West81

Jun 28, 2021
Hollandia
I spent the previous weekend at a holiday park with a pumptrack

Rode it on my Carver greenroom with the CX trucks

My daughter ripped it on het scooter and thought I was super lame being the only one on a skateboard.

Until the cool kids said I was ripping....then I was allowed to stay :rolleyes:

Chilly Willy

Feb 15, 2004
USA New Jersey
Who's been skating? I took a little road trip last week to hit two bowls. One skatepark was at a church, which is a pretty awesome thing for a church to provide. It was set back into the woods which made for a really cool vibe, but also posed a hazard with rogue acorns falling off the trees into the bowl.
Epworth01.jpg

The other was a skatepark with a massive bowl -- so much bigger in person than it looks in pictures. About 5' in the shallow end, 8' in the deep end (but somehow seemed deeper) with a hefty helping of vert. Super fast concrete to the point where after dropping into the shallow end and going down the waterfall, I was right on the cusp of speed wobbles. Pretty intimidating, but also awesome. I was satisfied with no grinds, just hitting tile.
Salisbury01.jpg

longboardkook

Jun 19, 2020
Denver, ColoRADo
Snowskated A-basin opening day Sunday for the 2022/2023 season... Busy couple of weeks. Hit the surfmat meetup the prior week in Ocean Beach (San Diego) and scored a fun point break late afternoon session on the surfmat. Then a few days later surfed a renovated river wave in Salida, Colorado (The Scout Wave) with a Cali crew including bad ass matsurfer James Sowell, skimboard legend Bill "Beaker" Bryan, and Chad Stickney (attempting to bodyboard all 50 states) along with a solid Colorado landlocked surf crew... And of course opening day on my snowskate (no bindings on a snowskate)..
729DA802-68ED-4B6D-9C30-9105462E5D6F.JPG

surflax

Mar 11, 2007
USA Pennsylvania
Who's been skating? I took a little road trip last week to hit two bowls. One skatepark was at a church, which is a pretty awesome thing for a church to provide. It was set back into the woods which made for a really cool vibe, but also posed a hazard with rogue acorns falling off the trees into the bowl.
View attachment 50459

The other was a skatepark with a massive bowl -- so much bigger in person than it looks in pictures. About 5' in the shallow end, 8' in the deep end (but somehow seemed deeper) with a hefty helping of vert. Super fast concrete to the point where after dropping into the shallow end and going down the waterfall, I was right on the cusp of speed wobbles. Pretty intimidating, but also awesome. I was satisfied with no grinds, just hitting tile.
View attachment 50460
Chilly - my guess was you were in DE at those spots. I've hit the Church bowl Epworth and the Glasgow Park in Newark. Very fun stuff. That Epworth park is by Evergreen Skateparks - if you haven seen the parks they build in the Mountain states yo9u have to check them out- they are surfers dream parks - at least this old surfer- some day I'll be in a locale where I can hit one and I'll make time to go - Have Fun!!

Chilly Willy

Feb 15, 2004
USA New Jersey
Chilly - my guess was you were in DE at those spots. I've hit the Church bowl Epworth and the Glasgow Park in Newark. Very fun stuff. That Epworth park is by Evergreen Skateparks - if you haven seen the parks they build in the Mountain states yo9u have to check them out- they are surfers dream parks - at least this old surfer- some day I'll be in a locale where I can hit one and I'll make time to go - Have Fun!!
Yep! (Although, the big bowl is over the border in Salisbury.) I heard that about Evergreen being responsible for Epworth -- I've ogled their parks quite a bit on IG, so it's pretty awesome considering that there are only three Evergreen parks anywhere near the east coast. I haven't been to Glasgow yet, but hopefully sometime soon. And not too far from Glasgow, Wilmington also has a really fun kidney bowl. Gotta love all these amazing options.

surf1ng

Jan 22, 2022
rAdelaide AU
Love reading about your skating adventures!

One skatepark was at a church, which is a pretty awesome thing for a church to provide.
I reckon, that’s so awesome. My kind of church.

but also posed a hazard with rogue acorns falling off the trees into the bowl
On second thoughts I’m glad that bowl is in a different hemisphere … acorns are waaaay bigger than gumnuts (which (as you know) proved to be my nemesis this winter courtesy of two decent wheel stopping stacks).

Last edited:

surf1ng

Jan 22, 2022
rAdelaide AU
Snowskated A-basin opening day Sunday for the 2022/2023 season... Busy couple of weeks. Hit the surfmat meetup the prior week in Ocean Beach (San Diego) and scored a fun point break late afternoon session on the surfmat. Then a few days later surfed a renovated river wave in Salida, Colorado (The Scout Wave) with a Cali crew including bad ass matsurfer James Sowell, skimboard legend Bill "Beaker" Bryan, and Chad Stickney (attempting to bodyboard all 50 states) along with a solid Colorado landlocked surf crew... And of course opening day on my snowskate (no bindings on a snowskate)..
View attachment 50463

Sounds so fun! A trifecta of stoke.

fluidworks

Dec 1, 2019
San Luis Obispo, CA
I recently introduced my 1 1/2 year old to skating (baby steps) and now I've got the itch to get back on asphalt a little more after a long hiatus. Obviously a lot of info in this thread, but would anyone recommend any specific setup for pumping around the street, some snake runs, and ortho injuries notwithstanding, some mild park riding.

Honestly thinking something like he 34" Kai Lenny or similar board.