SIDEWALK SURFING- discussions

jory

Dec 25, 2005
United Kingdom
Ok I’ll play too.

sadly haven’t got any pics of me skating in my teens but I’ve been really enjoying small ramps and curbs over the last couple of years. Partly from Plancktoms influence ( he is a super smooth ripper on transition, don’t let his humbleness fool you!)

Anyway, couple of recent clips

longboardkook

Jun 19, 2020
Denver, ColoRADo
Ok I’ll play too.

sadly haven’t got any pics of me skating in my teens but I’ve been really enjoying small ramps and curbs over the last couple of years. Partly from Plancktoms influence ( he is a super smooth ripper on transition, don’t let his humbleness fool you!)

Anyway, couple of recent clips

Slappy fun on them curbs and getting old school on the mini. Rad clips for sure!

longboardkook

Jun 19, 2020
Denver, ColoRADo
I also bought one of those penny surfskates. Found it’s beem
Really good for working on my body position I’m cutbacks.

Surfing the parking lots, I take it….. Does it have a special front truck or just loose and turnny?

Chilly Willy

Feb 15, 2004
USA New Jersey
Tom Groholski deck!!! Loved watching Groholski skate back in the day when I lived in the mid-Atlantic…. Oh and for only three sessions out on that cool set-up, that is a bad ass double axel backside grind pic of you!

Thanks! And that's awesome! He was a local-ish NJ guy, which is also part of the reason I picked up that particular board.

Chilly Willy

Feb 15, 2004
USA New Jersey
I also bought one of those penny surfskates. Found it’s beem
Really good for working on my body position I’m cutbacks.

Nice clips all around! Funny, I just picked up a surfskate yesterday. I've only ridden it through the house so far but seems like it's going to be pretty fun to play with.

longboardkook

Jun 19, 2020
Denver, ColoRADo
Think you fellow skaters/surfers will appreciate this story:

Recently we sold our house (too expensive to maintain the old place even though we so loved it). The people who bought it wanted to keep the micro halfpipe I had built in the backyard. Apparently the husband is a skater getting back into it. So the halfpipe was written into the sales contract. My agent said that was a first for him on a real estate deal.

Anyway, my agent, who gets it (along with a hefty commission), suggested I leave a skateboard “surprise” gift for the new owner and I did just that along with a gift card attached to it for a popular doughnut shop in Denver.

The skateboard was a build for the new home owner/skater that I selected from a local cool skate shop. It was a 9”X32” shovel nose deck w/ Ace trucks and some 58mm OJ’s 101d that actually felt kind of softer for such high durometer. Perfect set-up that will help the new owner get into some transition skating both on the micro halfpipe and local skateparks.

I wrote up some tips on how to get back into skating and taped it to the board along with the gift card for the new owners wife. On moving day, I hung the board up in the garage for them to find as a thank you for buying our house and keeping the ramp alive since I could not have kept it as our new place does not have a yard for it.

Here are the pics from: my last run, the local shop putting the board I selected together (note, never had anyone ever put a skate deck together for me but I was short on time and the shop employees wanted to be part of the surprise house gift idea), the board with my notes and a new skate tool, and the look on the new owners wife face when they found it. Also included a link of vid of the ramp I did a while back.

I’m missing my backyard ramp I had for well over a decade especially since it was surfaced with ramp armor (knock-off skatelite) and was so smooth and fast for such a short ramp at just over 2’ by 12’ wide….Though there are plenty of nice concrete skateparks nearby to ride, so my skateboard addiction lives on even at my later age in life!

4EB4B26A-79FA-4924-9317-BC261F081DCC.jpeg
4F1372C1-5C53-4306-95AD-0F8ACF6BE448.jpeg
B9146EE8-D499-43F2-837B-D4FE041C2416.jpeg
80B1A575-0A32-4DD6-9BDC-928F504C4DE9.jpeg
0E81AC06-0FA3-499E-AE1C-B234E2721E65.jpeg

Video of the ramp from a couple years ago:
-> Ramp video link