SIDEWALK SURFING- discussions

longboardkook

Jun 19, 2020
Denver, ColoRADo
Sidewalk Surfing when the waves are not happening or can't make it to the surf....

Lets see what you gots when surfing the the concrete: pics, vids, story, the flats, banks, ditches, bowls, pools, halfpipes, and of course the sidewalks...

Post some up, new and old!

JFbQO.jpg

Steve Cathey by Warren Bolster (circa early 1970's)

Chilly Willy

Feb 15, 2004
USA New Jersey
Here is an oldie of mine to kick it off

Nice! Love that ditch. I've always liked the aspect of searching out and skating odd little spots. Always wished we had ditches like that where I live.

Anyway, I'll play. Here are a couple shots of me from my past life as a skate rat. A little 13" launch ramp that we built:

Launch.jpg

Here's an 11' vert bowl way off the in back of an indoor park that I used to skate back around 1991 (Jeff Jones Incline Club in Brick, NJ). It mostly went unridden, but I used to love trying it out. I never skated it properly as a bowl, but more like a half pipe just trying to get the hang of it and see how high I could get. (I was always disappointed by these pictures because I was having a hard time generating momentum that day and my dad got tired of standing around with the camera. I would usually be up into the blue line.) I never got up the courage to drop in on vert, but rolling in was a real rollercoaster ride.

Bowl1.jpg

Bowl2.jpg

Bowl3.jpg

longboardkook

Jun 19, 2020
Denver, ColoRADo
Cool launch ramp pic. I’d say surviving an early grab air off that ramp was probably actually as fun as getting tile on that burley bowl. Your dad was rad to take you to that skatepark and document you surfing the transition and round-wall. Thanks for sharing!!!!

Planktom

Dec 27, 2016
Devon, UK
Last edited:

longboardkook

Jun 19, 2020
Denver, ColoRADo

Members online