Show me your racks!

Discussion in 'Surfing' started by hangeleven, Jan 2, 2017.

1. hangeleven

hangeleven Active Member

Mar 26, 2006
    New Years resolution to finally organize my boards -- looking for racks and storage solution ideas -- home depot stuff preferred. I have somewhat limited space in a locked shed about 11' long by 6' high by 3' deep. Right now things are stashed and stacked all over the place, under the house - storage units, etc and i get more dings out of the water than when surfing.

Looking for cheap, functional, fast, easy, solid solutions. Not wallhanger museum options.

Last edited: Jan 2, 2017
    Tenderloin Tom likes this.
  2. SharkB8

SharkB8 Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2011
    USA Virginia
    How do I post pics now?

Attached Files:

Thunder Chicken likes this.
  3. SharkB8

SharkB8 Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2011
    USA Virginia
    Oh I think it worked. I saved this picture from this forum a while back. I built something similar and I suck at building anything from wood. If you are a fabricator then square stock welded with pipe insulation foam like the glassine storage racks.

4. PeakMaster

PeakMaster Well-Known Member

Feb 15, 2004
    USA New Jersey CMC
    About $40 from Home Depot plus $1 from Dollar Tree for the cable ties.

Attached Files:

5. PeakMaster

Feb 15, 2004
    USA New Jersey CMC

Attached Files:

6. PeakMaster

Feb 15, 2004
    USA New Jersey CMC
    I think I used 1" schedule 40 pvc, 2 10' 2x4s , 6 6" Spax screws, some Liquid Nails, pipe insulation and a speed bore bit.

Attached Files:

7. Basenji703

Basenji703 Well-Known Member

Apr 2, 2014
    Virginia Beach, VA
  8. Basenji703

Basenji703 Well-Known Member

Apr 2, 2014
    Virginia Beach, VA
    You can see all the PVC and wood I used in my various racks. The ceiling racks wouldn't work for you, but I threw them in anyway in case someone else needed an idea. I didn't do the ceiling racks myself, but if you were handy, you could do it. The PVC and wood racks I did and they are easy. Hope this helps!!

9. Bighouse

Bighouse Well-Known Member

Feb 21, 2012
    East End, Long Island
    Kids old play set on the side of the house that's destin for cedar. Redwood - aluminum and two bags of quickset

Was in a rush because they are temp and serve only for a quick resting spot before basement storage - out of the sun. The 1st rung is the only level one. The holes were already there.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 2, 2017