SHIPPING UPDATE APRIL 2022

Bruce Fowler

Jul 28, 2018
California
A little bit about the Known Shipper program that I found online.

"Known shippers have access to one major advantage: access to additional airplanes and routes.

Shippers who are not in the Known Shipper Management System (KSMS) are solely allowed to ship on cargo-only aircraft. However, once approved by TSA, known shippers are able to move goods via both cargo-only aircraft and passenger aircraft.

How Can I Become a Known Shipper?​

Here’s where things get a little tricky. First of all, no one but TSA knows the exact requirements for approval to become a known shipper. They keep their vetting process confidential to maintain the integrity of the program.

Additionally, there’s no “official” way to apply directly through TSA.

So your best path to becoming a known shipper is to work with an experienced freight forwarder. They can submit your profile directly to TSA for approval.

Once you are entered for consideration in the database, TSA may ask for additional information. They may require a site inspection. You may also be asked to submit documents such as historical shipping records and other business information."

So basically, there is no way one of us is going to get a board shipped by air. TSA is not going to waste time inspecting your house so that you can ship a couple boards per year. Though it might make sense for a business like Bruce Fowler's.
Interesting read. Other than Dolly sending my boards all over the globe via air, the last time I directly worked with a company p/u packed shipping of my boards was FLYING TIGER. That was probably 2002-04.

I don't even know if they still exist.

Bruce Fowler

Jul 28, 2018
California
The 6’8 NWM going to SoCal. No need to discuss on here, I appreciate the update that you’re ironing out shipping.
No worries. Leon doing a run should resolve that.
PM me or text @ (805) 570-8659.

I', always here to help and won't duck & run like some.

Bruce Fowler

Jul 28, 2018
California
Espi iwll get his 6'8" via Leon next run.
In the meantime...... these are all Daylight Transport.
This was Thursday w/boxes going to Montauk, Miami, Baltimore & Portland.

Monday morning now & the 8 ft. Fabric Inlay V8 for Jose is out for delivery. Daylight IS FAST, I will give them that!

No photo description available.

Bruce Fowler

Jul 28, 2018
California
UPDATE: JUNE 2022

I will stick my head in the door from time to time on this thread as I ship a lot to direct customers both Domestically & International.

DAylight has been doing. agood job handling the boards and/or whoever they hand off if needed. I sent 4 boxes out a bit over a week ago (Miami, Baltimore, Montauk, and Portland OR) all single board shipments and the NE is taking 4 days......... fast! Got the 7'6" to Portland in 2 days to a will call station for Skim at about $170. Direct to his house automatically adds $45.

Current board is a 6'10" heading to Montauk residence - fuel costs continue to climb & I told the repeat customer I wish I had 2 or 3 others to ride along with him but no one can be added to his shipment right now. C'est la vie. (see Quote sheet which will BE the final price - unless it ends up more due to some last second horrible spike in fuel).

I don't have length restrictions on my account w/Daylight and can ship up to 80 lbs. max per box.

I have another board, 7'4" that will be heading to Norway....... I'll come back with what that "fun price" is gonna be once I talk to Dolly and nail down
what we can do for my customer.

Attachments

• MyDaylight_RQ_20220613-114924.pdf
    6.4 KB · Views: 29
Last edited:

Bruce Fowler

Jul 28, 2018
California
Hard to figure how much shipping will cost from 'here to there' these days.

I sent a 6'10" out to East Hampton's on Long Island and just got the invoice for $167.51 expecting it to be about $100 higher.

Another invoice was a longboard going to Towson (near Baltimore) coming in @ $246.96.

I know I sound like a broken record.............. sure do miss Amtrak!!!!