Shipping/flying with a shaped, unglassed blank

icecreamheadache

Jan 14, 2006
Question for you smarties- Any recommendations on the best way to ship a shaped, unglassed blank from SoCal to NYC? Aside from a shit ton of bubblewrap? Brom made me a sled I’m gonna have “treated” by Carbon Compact in New York. I’m not sure if I should wrap the f out of it in bubble wrap and fly it over in a coffin bag between two glassed boards or pack it up in a box for some other means of transport. All ideas will be much appreciated by a not-all-that-bright bulb!

Bighouse

Feb 21, 2012
East End, Long Island
Carbon compact is a split two piece board for compact traveling.

I’m not a religious man, but I’d just pray, or get one of those hard cases. Btw - I have a triple 6’3 that you can pack the living shit out of. It’s in the eastern most part of NY it you want to borrow.

nitsuj

Oct 3, 2005
I’m not a religious man, but I’d just pray

whole lotta this. I'd pack the unglassed blank the same way I'd pack unshelled hard boiled eggs (which i have no idea how I'd do since I don't have that problem, but they seem closeish on the "easy to fuck up" scale)

nitsuj

Oct 3, 2005
In the Costanza ‘world of opposites’, put it in a regular zipper travel bag and clearly mark “Contents Indestructible Please Destroy”. Might work.

yfBj523.gif

backtail

Jun 11, 2019
long beach, california
Couldn’t you crate it up and have it shipped with an art transporter? I mean anything is possible if you’re willing to pay for it.

And then really out there but could you make sort of a temporary shell for it? Something made out of Kydex? The stuff they make those nifty knife sheaths and gun holsters out of?