Shaper Mike Griffin

Discussion in 'Surfing' started by hullogfish, Jul 30, 2017.

1. hullogfish

hullogfish Active Member

Dec 22, 2006
    USA California
    https://sandiego.craigslist.org/nsd/spo/d/mike-griffin-egg-perfect/6240295878.html

Came across this on CL and recalled a few guys from North LA that had a few of his boards at the Surfy Swap awhile back, and claimed they were fantastic. Any info on is boards? Anyone own one? Contact info? I love the looks of this egg for sale, but I would want one quite a bit smaller. I am looking for an egg and am obviously looking into Mitsven, anyone else know of shaper I should be looking into?

2. MrChristmas

MrChristmas Active Member

Dec 10, 2014
    USA California
  3. jbb

jbb Well-Known Member

Mar 17, 2010
    Southern California
    Guy has a solid reputation but is very low profile. Humble to the point that he doesn't use lams and prefers to avoid social media. You can order custom and occasionally find new on the rack at Birds Surf Shed. One of the young Carlsbad reef rippers I know has an entire quiver of only M Griffin boards.

4. hullogfish

hullogfish Active Member

Dec 22, 2006
    USA California
    I ordered a fish from him yesterday. I'll give a ride report when I get it.

5. Human

Human Active Member

Nov 20, 2016
    Oceanside
    Mike is awesome and his boards surf extremely well.

6. hullogfish

hullogfish Active Member

Dec 22, 2006
    USA California
    I've had my 5'10 twin keel out twice with great results, taking into account my lack of fitness and having owned a 7'0 egg as my smallest board for over a year. Mike did a great job of putting volume into the board for my 200+lbs frame, while still making the board very sensitive.