Shaper Mason Dyer

Discussion in 'Surfing' started by Salty, Aug 6, 2012.

1. Big D

Big D Active Member

Nov 4, 2009
    slosurf wrote:
    If Icons is currently carrying captain fin then the answer would be yes. I simply do all the ding repair that goes through the shop so I'm not part of the day-to-day operations anymore.

Big D

2. Guest

Guest Guest

Just to let you know Captain Fin had their fins manufactured here in the USA up until a few months ago.

I know the guy who owns the company that made them and he said Captain's margins were too low for them continue to keep making them here in Cali.

3. Big D

Big D Active Member

Nov 4, 2009
    Actually that's not the case X-Stepper. They may have been doing short production runs here to meet exceeding demand but the main production's coming from overseas. PM if you'd like.

And to clarify, I'm not chastising them for producing them overseas (although many may find issue wth this). My original comment was simply out of curiosity as it seemed that in the article he made sure to profess that his brands are 100% USA and that it was important to him.

Big D

4. Guest

Guest Guest

5. Guest

Guest Guest

It's not easy to find a made in the USA fin. Larry Allison in San Pedro is the only mass manufacturing guy I know that does it all here. Chuck Ames does short runs of specialty types but everything else comes from over seas.

6. SMUKES

SMUKES Active Member

Jun 23, 2009
    USA California
    I make all of my own fins with locally harvested organic and gmo free butt hair.

7. Mango Bill

Mango Bill Well-Known Member

Oct 4, 2006
    USA California
    SMUKES wrote:
    Nice,but are they gluten free?

8. Big D

Big D Active Member

Nov 4, 2009
    Does Rainbow makes there fins in the US? I was under the impression they did up north.

Big D

9. Guest

Guest Guest

Mango Bill wrote:
    I'm gluetin intolerant.

10. nicoprout

nicoprout New Member

May 22, 2007
    Australia
    I friended him on facebook. I feel uber cool now.