Shaper Mason Dyer

Discussion in 'Surfing' started by Salty, Aug 6, 2012.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

a fair qualification to be sure...20 years.

but what about their foot wear choice?

"pair o' doc's" , you know ... does your shaper wear a pair of doc martins?

2. Silk123

Silk123 Active Member

Feb 11, 2005
    USA New Jersey
    19 yrs ain't enough. They learn so much from that 19th year to the 20th.

And never buy from a shaper with a mustache groomed so well. It must mean that he spends more time grooming than shaping. If you need a groomer for your prized Yorkie, this is your guy.

3. Guest

Guest Guest

Silk123 wrote:
    :)

4. Guest

Guest Guest

skil, it's the "30 year rule" not 20. If you are going to mock me for not drinking this kid's kool-aid, at least get it right. Maybe someday you'll understand this but that may be doubtful.

5. NJ Longboarder

NJ Longboarder Well-Known Member

Jan 3, 2005
    v - it's silk, not the planer.

someone tell that zukerberg kid he can't be successful til he's 30.

6. Guest

Guest Guest

NJ Longboarder wrote:
    How dare he improve on MySpace and Friendster. What a hack!

7. dogleg

dogleg New Member

Dec 1, 2010
    Apples and oranges.

8. Makawaosurfer93

Makawaosurfer93 Well-Known Member

Feb 15, 2007
    USA New Jersey
    Silk123 wrote:
    Uh, thats 30 years...

9. Big D

Big D Active Member

Nov 4, 2009
    I would be curious to understand his view on Captain Fin products being made in China since in the interview he specifically calls out his personal brands being made in the USA.

I believe Captain Fin now does some hand-foiled shortboard fins locally but that probably accounts for 5% of their total product line considering its current state.

As a marketing professional myself I must think his "Marketing/Brand Manager" title for Captain Fin is simply a loose one. Legitimate marketing is a creative skill set which challenges both the left and right side of the brain and indeed puts you square in a seat "looking at spreadsheets". Strategic planning, market analysis, brand management, competitor analysis, ROI review, split testing, copy writing/editing ect. ect. all actively keep you at a desk so I'd be curious to know what his actual role is at Captain Fin. Sales? Investor? Guerrilla promotions/marketing?

Also, is there any issue with him actively working on and promoting his own brands while working for Captain Fin. Or maybe the financing/investing for all of them is intermingled?

Big D

10. slosurf

slosurf Active Member

Sep 1, 2004
    USA Maryland
    Silk123 wrote:
    :D