Sex Wax

XXX

Dec 18, 2020
Nowhere
It's not a black and white world, tho' pretending it is apparently entertains some folks.
“If one uses sexwax, then one discards plastic wrapper on beach?”
Does not follow from my observation that sexwax wrappers are the most common, by far, found on west coast beaches. Maybe it's the biggest seller or maybe the cellophane wrapper and logo are slower to break down. And maybe a colorful, smelly product in a shiny wrapper with a cheeky name attracts the kind of person who doesn't give a rip. Probably a combination of the above.

steeltoe

Jan 30, 2020
ECF
It's not a black and white world, tho' pretending it is apparently entertains some folks.
“If one uses sexwax, then one discards plastic wrapper on beach?”
Does not follow from my observation that sexwax wrappers are the most common, by far, found on west coast beaches. Maybe it's the biggest seller or maybe the cellophane wrapper and logo are slower to break down. And maybe a colorful, smelly product in a shiny wrapper with a cheeky name attracts the kind of person who doesn't give a rip. Probably a combination of the above.

I have never seen sex wax wrappers on the beach. These are much more prevalent in some locations.

SeniorGrom

Mar 20, 2012
USA New Jersey
A younger buddy and I are polar opposites on most ‘social’ issues. This has resulted in long long conversations. We’ve learned we’re best talking surfing where we are enthusiastically in agreement.

Funny how perceptions differ. He says it’s unbelievable how many cigarette butts are all over our local beaches. In fact my wife and I have spent 100s of hours over the last 5 years scouring the same beaches obsessively collecting sea glass. We almost never see a single butt!

Qustom

Jun 18, 2013
USA California
I'm a Sex Wax Tropical (Blue) Basecoat/ Cool (Green) Cold (Purple) depending on the season guy. Works for me. Sticky Bumps works fine too. I'm not that brand loyal just a creature of habit.

I used Matunas during lockdown last year when all the surf shops were closed. Got some off a guy on CL selling wax at cost, hell of a good samaritan. It was super tacky in a good way up front but I found it getting slimy over time and just smearing around. Also it made my car smell like a urinal cake. Don't think I'll use it again unless I have to. That was the Cold temp wax in Santa Cruz winter temps for reference.
I've heard of bubble gum scented, coconut, root beer, cherry, pineapple, vanilla, etc., etc., but urinal cake...? I think I will stay away too!

Qustom

Jun 18, 2013
USA California
I wouldn't deny the responsibility of the people improperly discarding the wrappers, the bottles, and other debris associated with those products. But when the same identifiable sources appear again and again, ad infinitum, it raises the question of corporate responsibility alongside personal responsibility. And if you're honestly seeking a remedy, a handful of identifiable perpetrators is easier to deal with than trying to reform multitudes of bad actors. Or maybe you have a better solution in mind?
One likely explanation is that Sex Wax is the only wax that comes in cellophane, and cellophane floats in the breeze much easier and breaks down much slower than paper or cardboard, in which case some fingers should be pointed toward the company as well as the users of the product.