Sex Wax

shapewright

Aug 6, 2006
USA California
What I noticed about Sex Wax is that in the leashless era once you lost your board and it floated in with the foam it became very oily and needed to be reapplied or scuffed before trying for another wave.

SD_TO zone

Sep 29, 2021
San Diego
I do Sex Wax green all year round with no base coat. It seems to bump up nicely for me and then just give a quick re-apply before every surf. More just a creature of habit and i haven’t had any issues with it and it’s one less thing to worry about.

XXX

Dec 18, 2020
Nowhere
I'm from the paraffin era, find it in the canning aisle of the market. Heat it up by dipping in a can of warm water, tip on edge and build up a nice texture. Been a texture guy ever since. Bought Wax Research by the case when living far away from any surf shop and shared with friends, some of whom were making their own wax by adding STP motor oil to their canning supplies.
I miss Terra Wax, which is still my preference for base coat, but I'm down to just a couple of bars, which I'm hoarding.
Mixing brands of wax has let me down in the past, so it's either Warm temp or Base for texture with a light application of Cool before paddling out. The brand I like has, or had, a program of 'contest support' where they'd hand out little half bars. Not sure what temp they are, but I like 'em. Kinda cute in a bonus biodegradable wrapper. Same brand is carried by a favorite coffee shop just above a favorite break, and they sell whole bars of Cool for 25 or 50 cents. Couple of enterprising dudes from the East Coast showed up and bought 'em out. Now there's a limit of one per customer.
Speaking of enterprising, some hot shot NY artist mounted a whole bunch of bars of multi colored brand x on a black background and displayed it as Fine Art. Don't know what the critics had to say, but that gallery must have stunk.

XXX

Dec 18, 2020
Nowhere
I haven’t seen any Sex Wax in the plastic wrappers in a long long time. Every bar I’ve got in the last several years have been in the brown recycled paper boxes.

On offer from multiple sources, from Walmart to core surf shops, today.

shopping.png

miscreant

May 20, 2016
On offer from multiple sources, from Walmart to core surf shops, today.

View attachment 35900
Niau,

I’m guessing you are well intended.

I hope all of us care enough about our environment to make responsible choices.

Do you live in a cave and walk to the beach to body surf (only)?

Or are you driving to the beach from your home and surfing on a plastic surfboard?

What about the device you are using to express yourself on this coveted internet chat room? Any plastic in it?

I mean, are you suggesting the following conditional statement is true?

“If one uses sexwax, then one discards plastic wrapper on beach?”

If you aren’t suggesting that conditional statement is true, then it seems your examples demonstrate your bias.